1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating a dvd image file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trawler, Mar 31, 2005.

1. trawler

trawler Member

As far as newbies go, i'm as newbie as they come, so i ask for you patience :)
    I recently downloaded a dvd on to my hd. I do not have a dvd-r drive, but i saw that i can play the vob files through PowerDVD. however, when i randomly pick the files to play i get various features (such as the commentary) and not necessarily the file i want to play...
    What i want to do is pack this file onto a DVD image file, so i can play it like a regular DVD (when mounted with alcohol 120). But when i tried creating and image with Alcohol, it only allows to do so from the cd drive, and doesn't allow me to pick the files from my HD...
    Is there something i'm doing wrong? or is there another program i need to download? any help will be greatly appreciated....

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

do you have bup ifo vob files? if so load to dvd shrink and reauthor to main movie only, no menus and hit backup button to create an iso, load iso in virtual drive and play!

3. trawler

trawler Member

thanx :)
    I managed to mess around with my nero, and found a way to create the iso file, which i've now mounted and able to play... :)
    one question though - when i play it, i can briefly see the menus and scene selection screens, right before the next segment starts playing.
    When i get my DVD-r, and will burn the dvd onto the media, will the dvd be able to see the menus properly?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

could be alcohol doing it? just going through? but in menu creation apps have settings to go straight on from one to another it may have been set that way?

as you didnt make the rip dvd its hard to tell!

but i would think it will be the same burnt to disc!