1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating a dvd with song videos

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by finham, Feb 25, 2007.

1. finham

finham Member

Hi, Can anyone advise ... I would like to make a dvd with video songs from a range of other dvds ie like making a a favourite songs cd but with videos instead.
    If I go to properties of a dvd there are 2 files Audio_ts and video_ts I can copy this onto my hdd how can I break this down to see which are the songs files so I can copy these only instead of the whole film. And then I need to transfer onto a dvd .

Any help/advice greatly appreciated :)

2. attar

attar Senior member

The Audio_ts folder is allways empty.
    The Video_ts folder contains VOB files which contain the soundtrack.
    There are lots of progs to rip the sound track to mp3 etc, but I assume you want a music video authored from selected video clips on various DVD's.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/tsunami_mpeg_dvd_author_pro_guide.cfm

You can use this app to cut and edit vob files and join them together to make a compilation dvd.
    Instead of importing the whole dvd it's best to 'add a file' by opening the individual VOB files in the video folder.
    The editing feature lets you quickly run through the file to the relevant part where you can mark the start & end for your clip.
    This is repeated as many times as required.
    A simple transition between clips could be made from the 'black' frames which precede the movie.
    A menu feature is available but it would be simpler to elect 'no menu'.
    The simulation feature lets you test your creatin.
    The software is usable for 14 days and although would make a good test piece before branching out into the more complex (and pricey)software.