1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating and playing a cd video in a dvd player

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by sci0n, Nov 2, 2004.

1. sci0n

sci0n Member

Allright, I'm sure this has been covered hundreds of times, but I searched the forums and found nothing on it. I printed out the VideoCDs using Nero Guide, and didn't quite work out for me. Hopefully someone can help.

I have alcohol 120, nero 6 ultra, disc juggler, and clone cd. My friend recently gave me Garden State, and my gf has been dying to see it. He gave me an .avi version and a .tar version; the .tar is HUGE and will have to be split onto 2 cds. The .avi was already split for me.

Anyways, I'm just trying to get it on 1 cd (if possible) and then have it play on her dvd player hooked up to her TV. I could just burn it and play it on her computer but come on, how romantic is that.

Some people have told me just burn it on a cd and then it will play fine on her dvd player, but I tried that with the .avi and didn't work on my dvd player. I'm so completley clueless and lost right about now.

Any help at all would be great.

2. Lupin003

Lupin003 Member

avi need to be converted to mpeg format to play on most DVD players with VCD compatibility. I've never heard of a DVD player that played avi files. (that's not to say that they don't exist)

Check www.dvdrhelp.com for detailed instructions.

3. sci0n

sci0n Member

so as long as I convert it to mpeg, and burn it to a cd it will / should play on a dvd player?