1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating dvd menu

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ozy, Nov 2, 2004.

1. ozy

ozy Regular member

This may have been answered earlier but could'nt find a post that was valuable to me. I normally backup the movie only to disc and was wondering if there was software to create a menu for all audio, subtitles and to play the movie itself without all the normal crap on the original discs.

2. RdCruiser

RdCruiser Member

OZY
    This might be worth looking at. Take a look at TMPGEnc. This is a great tool for making menus or chapters. The program also has a very good tutorial for you to print. I know you can create a chapter where you can click on it and go directly to the scene for viewing, such as an audio clip with video. I don't know if it has all the "Bells and Whistles" you need, but it's doing the job for me. I've been looking for something like this for quite a long time.

http://www.dawnload.net/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm

RdCruiser

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

Thanks for the reply but I don't think this progy supports straight dvd files. It seems it supports divx, svcd, vcd and mpeg etc. Tell me if I'm wrong.

4. RdCruiser

RdCruiser Member

OZY
    I took a DVD, and used TMOGEnc to edit it and add chapters. I'm not a hi-tec person, but I figured it out. Try it, I think you'll be surprised. I think you can find a download from the forum....Good luck!

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

the free edition of TMPGEnc will not let me open normal dvd files ripped to my hard drive. I have TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 but this software is limited as far as making menus with multiple audo streams and subtitles etc.