1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating DVD with avi files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by pnbalaji, Nov 26, 2004.

1. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Member

Hi,

I would like to know a simplest way to create a DVD movie with an avi file. I tried many guides, but getting stuck during processing. Can some one get me a link for a clean set of guides to create a DVD movie with an avi file.

I need one more help also. I have an avi file in which video and audio are not in sync at some places, but in sync at most of the places. Is there a way to correctly sync the audio and video.

Thanks,
    Balaji.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

3. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Member

Hi,

Did you get a chance to read my message fully?. In my message I mentioned that I tried some guides but getting stuck. I tried the guides from either afterdawn.com or videohelp.com or dvdhelp.us.

When I use quEnc with DVD2SVCD, sometimes I get message saying mkiosfs failed.When I use TMPGEnc with DVD2SVCD, I get stream writing error. The main issue is I am getting these error messages nearly after 12 hours encoding. Thats why I posted this message to get some info from experienced users about a clean process to finish the encoding successfully.

My Hard disk has 4 partitions of 50 GB each. Each partition has atleast 30 GB of free space.

Thanks,
    Balaji.

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hi pnbalaji,

Yes I read your original message, but as you didn't explain what guides/software you had previously tried and what the errors were, I didn't have much to go on.

I personally don't download AVI movies...I only use DV AVI files...so I can't help you any further with the "stream writing error". Is that the exact error message?

Now that you've provided this extra info hopefully someone can help.

Adder.