1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating scenes/chapters in a VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by JimmyTatt, Apr 3, 2003.

1. JimmyTatt

JimmyTatt Member

I have successfully used SmartRipper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc to create many VCDs, but I am unsure of how to insert scenes, as they were on the DVD I ripped it from. If I want to watch my VCD on a DVD player, I have to fast-forward through the entire film to get to a place I want. Inserting scenes/chapter points would make this easier and I am sure it is possible. Could anyone please tell me how to do this, and what extra programs I may need?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Salt and Vinegar is good, but let's face it - it's no Cheese and Onion.[/small]

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I have little knowledge with VCD& TMPEnc simply because I backup DVD2SVCD using CCE. If I burn bin& cue format I can scroll through the chapters of the backup movie but if I burn MPEG2, I can only fast forward, rewind. Is it possible using TMPEnc to create bin& cue format after encoding? If so, then this is the format you wan't to stay with. If not, then ignore this post (hehe). I'm not even sure if this method even applies to VCD= video quality really bites!

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Dela,
    You know more about VCD format& TMPEnc than I do. Is it possible to create bin& cue format using TMPEnc for VCD?

Shoey

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Shoey, I dont believe so no! I have heard though people say they used it for input but i never tried so i wouldnt know! (somehow i doubt that too though ;-) )