1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating screensavers?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by redZoneOS, Mar 7, 2007.

1. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

anyone know what program is good for making your own screensavers on a MAC? what I want to do is use a video that I have (mpg file format), and have it run on my macbook as a screen saver... Dont ask me why lol, I just wanna do it cuz I think it'll be cool as hell if it works!

Anyway, I've been trying to search the web, but maybe i'm typing the wrong key words or something because I get no results. I am sure there HAS to be a program out there that will allow me to create my own screen saver... any ideas?

Thanks

If no programs, does anyone know of a way to convert my mpg file to run as a screen saver? A script or something??

2. jbrine

jbrine Member

Hey, you should check out "Save Hollywood". s.sudre.free.fr/Software/SaveHollywood.htm

It's free program that runs on a mac that allows you to play movies as screensavers.

If you want to create your own screensavers then you should use Apple's "Quartz Composer" which comes with developer tools.