1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating subs for an AVI

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Becharmed, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

im looking for a software that can help me translate a srt file which is in english to my own launage..

I have used a software before where i just loadet the srt file and then i would only need to write in letters once in a while , then the software would take care of it..

I have triede sub rip, translator ,sub creator , sub workshop none of them do that...

I hope there is someone who can help me with this . thanks

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

? can it be done ?

But then there will be much errors and mistakes...
    Try to use some converter from internet. (search with google)

3. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

it seems it cant be done ... as i wrote i have searched googel for days now and triede so many differnt software that i now need to do a format of my Hd :(

4. OneMember

OneMember Active member

And you know that subtitles in internet are made by other people?
    I mean that there is no easy way to make subtitles. I have made some (english -> finnis) so I know how to make them.
    You need program to help you: Subtitle Workshop

And if you want to use some converter open that file using notepad and jus copy that text to converter....

5. carlmart

carlmart Regular member

Well, even if you are right that internet available subs are made by other people, that doesn't mean literally so. Most of them are probably ripped from actual DVDs using specific programs.

I've seen some files with all languages translations on one zipped files, and I don't think ordinary people will do that. That was certainly downloaded from some disc.

6. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hi Becharmed.
    The subtitles you found in english were most probably done in your language as well. Try looking for them.

Most subs you find on the net are from films already out on DVD. Its fairly easy to extract a sub file from a DVD video. Subs from very recent films will most probably have been done by amateurs. But every now and then you DO find some 'perfect subs' done by professional translators. Those 'perfect subs' are copied from the actual DVD's BEFORE they actually hit the streets... Very hard to come by, they are gold dust in some places... I got hold of a few before, but i couldn't tell you where now.