1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen Vision:M anybody else have one?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by rosedog, Feb 15, 2006.

1. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I've had mine for awhole week now and its so very very nice. Oh how this is everything the ipod isn't! It's user friendly works awesome with windows explorer. The video is abosultely beautiful. I really hope it gets some marketing thrown behind it.

2. lascrem

lascrem Member

Hate to burst your bubble, but the creative zen isnt a patch on the archos AV500. I mean if that was too much for you, you should have bought the cowon A2. resonable at best i know, but miles better than the zen. Maybe its not too late to return it? And a tip for the future: you should research all the best PMPs out there before you buy, because if you had have done, you'd have come to the same conclusion as most of us.
    Archos AV500 is best at present.
    by the way my views aren't bias because i don't own myself. However many of my friends do and they're totaly awsome!

3. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

trust me your not bursting my bubble, I did a search on it. $500 for a 30gig no thanks. Controls are way to small. Doesn't make for easy control when in the car.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Btw I don't need another DVR.

Also I said Zen Vision:M, not Zen Vision.

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Ouch, that's quite a feisty response :)

The vision M is indeed a wonderful product, but I have to disagree with the "everything the ipod isn't" statement. They are both nice pieces of kit, and the differences between them are minimal. It is a matter of preference at the end of the day.

5. chapsta

chapsta Guest

I have to argree with lascrem,the ipod and zen vision m are Officailly shit. I have previouly owned an ipod for about 48 hours before taking it back.It looks nice, but when you try and get your movies into it you have to go through a complicated conversion process which takes centuries to complete.And lets be honest whos going to have 30gb of music. I cant imagine the zen vision m to be much better if not worst. Afterall the zen vision m is just a bad copy of the video ipod. so Do yourself a favour and buy the archos av500 or the cowon a2.You wont regrett it.

6. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Hey n00b,
    Are you getting paid by Archos to carry their Company flag for them? Seriously WTF?!? You spent awhole 2 days reading what you want to read and then try to tell people to buy what you want to buy can't buy!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/303805

then there is this...

Remember you said...
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/284047

Then you say...

I say your friends are fictional!

Now I'll ask you to please shut up until you actually buy something to comment on. Otherwise your just a fanboy that is spouting off at the mouth repeating others opinions. You have nothing of your own to bring to the table!

7. Lethal_B

Actually, conversion of DVD's & Videos is very simple and doesn't take a long time at all. And yes, some people do have 30gb of music. I have over 60gb, about 12'000 tracks encoded at bitrates.

Having your two cents worth is one thing. But saying something is, as you say, "Officailly shit" just because [bold]you[/bold] don't know how to convert videos is rather amusing.

And you don't even own an Archos av500, so why are you singing it's praises so highly? classic. I'll leave you guys to it. Unsubscribed.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  8. BrerRabet

BrerRabet Member

On the subject of iPod vs Creative vs any other, I do have well over 30gb of music and I am shipping all my CD's to Australia from the US. I want a mp3 to have music to listen to while my babies are in transit and also will hold the majority of these as back-up to download on a clean hard drive. The video bit is cool but I will get to those functions later when settled down under. Any thoughts towards this line of questioning for mp3's.

Brer

9. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Are you asking which 30gig player to buy? I would say its going to come down to your personal preference. One of the things to keep in mind is battery life.

The Creative Zen Vision M has a longer battery life than the iPod Video (both in video and music) and you can drag and drop your MP3 files from windows explorer. You have to use Windows XP though. This could be a benefit for you since you're going to be on a long flight.

I would suggest that whatever you get, get one with video so you can watch something on that loooooonnnnnggggggg flight.

10. BrerRabet

BrerRabet Member

Thanks rosedog. One thing that bothered me about the Ipod (I was told) was that if you linked up the player to a computer it sync's and if the song(s) is not on the hard drive it deletes the song(s) from the player. Is this true...for all players? If my shipment is lost, damaged, etc, can I upload to another computer? I have some rare gems in my collection that would be very difficult and expensive to replace.

11. BrerRabet

BrerRabet Member

Oh, Oh,...I forgot to ask in the last posting. Can I purchase a power cord/docking staion that works on Australian current for either the Creative or Ipod?

12. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Yes, this is true, it happened to me and I was very pissed. I had spent the previous night loading the damn thing, went to work and it wiped every song on there (This was with my iPod that I own for 2 days). I don't know though if there is a way to get around this. Leathal B might know.

The Zen should come with what you need for power supply (I believe) or you can buy a usb cable that syncs and charges at the same time.

13. Lethal_B

Yes, there is a way, a very simple way infact. While connecting the iPod to the computer, hold down the [bold]Shift + Ctrl[/bold] keys. This will stop the iPod from auto syncing with iTunes and the iPod will appear in the source list. When the iPod has mounted, and then let the keys go. This may take between 3 and 25 seconds depending on your computer. Then you can right click on the iPod icon in iTunes 'source' column and select [bold]iPod Options[/bold], then check the box that says [bold]Manually manage songs and playlists[/bold]. You can now manage your library without losing any songs off your iPod..

14. 13blah

13blah Member

Can anyone give me a quick idea how to transfer a DVD to my Zen Vision M?
    Thanks for any help!

15. sandytntn

sandytntn Member

I also am fretting about what PVP to buy. I have over 900 DVDs and a monthly subscription to BB so i don't think I really need DVR but that might be nice. If not that hard i can convert and put on whatever player, previously put some on PSP. I have 4 ipods in the house but none is video, but the short battery life with video ipod and limited formats seem like downers here. I can get free audio books downloaded from my library but won't work on ipod (wma-protected). I like the AV500 and the Zen and probably will go with the Zen because it is compatible with many more video formats.
    How much time and trouble is DVD to mpeg4,etc. for ZEN?
    Also, what accessories are needed to buy for ZEN? Will included USB cable work with VersaCharger Pro?
    Thanks

16. iceberg15

iceberg15 Member

ipods sucks. they have horrible sound quality. my panasonic mp3/cd player has WAY better bass and sound quality over all

17. need2no

need2no Guest

I have a Zen Vision M, and it works fine. I use clonedvdmobile to encode, and with just the main movie, it takes about 45 minutes to encode and then download a movie. It is probably the easiest to use.

18. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

That's a very bold statement to make and I seriously doubt that its quality is that superb.

19. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

hey would it be possible to run an operating system on the creative zen vision m. i mean like acutally run it on it because i herd ipod can and its mad would anyone know?

20. oscar21

oscar21 Member

im wondering what else can you do with the zen: M other than what the box tells you. i just recently bought the product and its amazing. i have to say that it is twice as better than the video ipod. apple is so over price. Zen is affortable. almost the same price but comes with so much more. radio, recorder, organizer and much more than from what a video ipod can do. i did own a video ipod for about a year and gave it to my little sisters cus i got bored of it. the prices for the readio transmitter and recorder were expensive.

i did notice that linux was famouse for the ipods. you can do so much more on it with linux. my question is, since zen is better than the video ipod. what else can you do with zen? can you do anything with linux?