1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Bay- A Fraud Music Download site

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sunderr, Feb 14, 2007.

1. sunderr

sunderr Member

Hi,
    I Purchased a song from CrimsonBay.com a month back.Ever since then the Song does not play at all. My attempts to send them email for support failed as the mails bounced back with the message "Bogus Mail"
    Crimson bay does not issue the licnence even after charging for it and attempts to get licence have been futile.
    So Prospective Buyers, Beware Crimson Bay is a Bogus and Fraud company which will take your money and you will get nothing in return- except many hours of breaking your head to resolve the problems being faced in making the song play

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

did you read this? Conditions to Sublicensing of Digital Downloads to You. Digital Rights Management ("DRM") software will be downloaded onto your Approved Electronic Devices along with your Digital Download music files, and will limit your uses as specified in the Usage Rules. You must first install, and limit any approved uses of the Digital Music Download, using only Microsoft Corporation's Windows Media Player 9 Series, or a later higher version. You must also first install a software program that is used to compress and decompress ("codec") music files. At present, the only approved codec is Microsoft Corporation's Windows Media Audio version 9 or higher. CrimsonBay.com reserves the right to change at any time, without prior notice to you, the software required to download, transfer, copy and use or limit use of any of the Digital Downloads. The speed at which a Digital Download can be transferred to your registered personal computer depends in large part upon the bandwidth of the connection provided to you by your Internet Service Provider. You are responsible for all charges associated with use of your Internet Service. also there is a phone number tool free, have you called them?

3. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

looks legitimate,but i trust you.

What's more worrying ixs that they have your account details...

but i honestly think you may have made a mistake because it costs them nothing to give you the song and they clearly have it because they let you listen to an example.

4. sunderr

sunderr Member

5. sunderr

sunderr Member

Gentlemen, Thanks for the responses I received from both of you. With the support of Bug Software, the music was finally playable. But what remains is the fact that I have to take recourse to the forum to highlight the problems being faced. It would have been so much easier if crimson bay has a working email id and have taken steps to support their customers.

I could have called up the phone number if I knew it was free. or else why should I spend more dollars(calling from another country)for a song which costs 0.90 cents. Surely it does not make any sense calling up a telephone number - which u are not sure is chargeable- and ending up paying more money than the cost of the product.

I hope Crimson Bay takes note of this and makes their support more easier and accessible than letting their customers go on a wild goose chase and become frustrated.

Thanks once again

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

FYI, emusic.com and www.allofmp3.com offer non-DRMed downloads. The latter even offers user-selectable formats and quality levels so you don't have to settle for lower-quality music like you do with most other services.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007