1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cropped video playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by slag, Sep 10, 2003.

1. slag

slag Member

I've noticed somthing on my new XP box, everytime i playback a video, avi, mpg etc, regardless of the codec, or the player, media player powerDVD etc, the sides and bottome are cropped. I don't get this on the same files on my other box.

I've installed NIMO version 5.0 build 8, but this was even happening before that.

At some point i also installed the ffdshow filter. But i don't think thats it.

Am i missing some whacky setting someplace?

Thanks alot.

Rob

2. finited

finited Member

I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but it has to be something bigger than your machine. It just happened to me as well. I used to be able to play/view videos fine. Then something happened (I don't know what) and I couldn't play DVD's anymore. I could still view other videos (AVI, MPEG) fine. I just recently updated my machine with the latest NVIDIA drivers (I have a Nvidia GE Force MX 400) and now I have the same cropping problem. I origionally thought that ANY video was cropped, but I am now finding out that only SOME videos are cropped and some are not. I tried rolling back my video driver - now my DVD's only play audio (same problem as before) but that didn't fix the cropping problem.

FD

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003
  3. slag

slag Member

Huh, it must be a driver issues, cuz i have a geforce 4 mx.

Rob

4. finited

finited Member

yeah - definatly is - I dropped back to version 28.84 - look on nvidia's site - go to archived drivers... or I think this is the link:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_28.84.html

It's a really old version (2.something) but it fixed all my problems - I can play DVD's and movies now! :)