1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis - Can't Wait!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Timmy1970, May 25, 2006.

1. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Check out this awesome looking game from Crytek. This is gonna eclipse Far Cry - jesus games look good running with Direct X 10 :D

http://gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/previews/55170.shtml

This game will make an appearance on the PS3 and Xbox 360 for sure... But seriously FPS' are reason enough to own a PC.

2. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

3. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

watch the crysis and cryengine2 trailer in the bottom right it is wicked for showing the potencial of the game :)

4. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Yeah thats a top bunch of videos there Rickster0 many kudos - they really showcase the CryEngine2!! The realtime ambient locales are awesome - and just the density of the jungle - makes Far Cry look like it was produced with a frickin etch a sketch lol. Looks like the upgrade from the 6600 Turbo is gonna be sooner than planned haha. Are there any DirectX 10 cards on the market yet?

5. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

6. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Tobad the the 360 wont be able to match the PC. They could not even match it on elder scrolls V. They had to remove a lot of the shadows for the 360 version because it could't handle it. GO MICROSOFT!

7. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

You'd have to have some serious hardware to run Oblivion and Crysis to the standard that next gen consoles will though, and I'm betting it ain't cheap!

8. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

I build my system for $1100 and I can run every game on max settings. Fear i get about 57 frames per secound after I over clock my graphics card. I have a bfg geforce 7800 gt oc PCI-E, 2 gigs corsair ram(pc 3200)(2 1 gig sticks), AMD 3500+. I also play my games on 1600 x 1200 resolution. Thats pretty good for only spending $1100.

9. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Is that in US Dollars (about $1500 Australian)? If so then that is pretty good. I'm assuming you built from the M/B up? It's still nearly twice the cost of a PS3, and will be outdated before the PS3 is... Don't get me wrong, that hardware is gonna last you a long time, but it won't be top end for a long time. Thats why I think buying a console can be advantageous - I doubt you could find a PC that wouldn't get outdated for 5 years or so (that being the usual life of a Console like the PS3 etc). Out of interest how much was your 7800GT? Is the AMD a 939 port? Mine is a 3000+ with 6600Turbo and 1Gig RAM (2 X 512MB Dual Channel) and it's running on the old port (744 or something like that? I've forgotten over time). The lot would have cost me about $725 Australian back in the day which is about $550 US. Not bad but it's so out of date now it's not funny :(

10. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

yeah its 939. The card cost me $375. The PS3 i hear will cost $700-$800 dollars on release. It will be outdated but its SLi i can just get anohter card by that time and go SLI. Then ill need a FX-60 chip...those are costly...lol. I am not sure how what the dollar amount is to australia. I over clocked my FSB to 240 from 200. That was a rather large increase too. But yeah i figure the card will cost $200 next year probably. Ill just pop those 2 babys in for SLI. There are new systems out now that run Quad graphics cards..pretty sweet.

11. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

When i put my MOBO in I made sure it was completly upgradable. I went with 939 socket. I can put duel core CPU's in it sli graphic cards. Then i got the 2 gb of ram (1 gb stick) so i could put 4 in it.

12. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

You'll be set for a while. A couple of my mates have the Dual Processor. There's been some wierd bugs in games using that technology - did you have any issues with GTA:SA? Seems to take a fair bit of strain off their graphics cards though... I think a new socket is coming out for AMD (might already be out) - i think its 940. Thats why I haven't upgraded to 939 yet (I had advice given from the local PC store to upgrade to a M/B with PCI express with SLI but to wait until 940). It's good having a top end computer - I can't wait till my next upgrade. In fact it won't even be an upgrade. It'll be a new build - I'm still running AGP for christsakes lol...

13. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

agp LOL. Yeah, it looks like you wont be able to run anything past fx-60 with 939. The new socket is coming out. Fx-60 is crazy fast..crazy pricey. I didnt play GTA on it. Games I played on max settings are battle friend 2, farcry, FEAR, Battle for middle earth 2, age of empires 3, dungeon seige 2, WoW, Rome TW, warcraft 3(love the custom games in that ..im so obsessed with them). Not like warcraft 3 puts a strain on your computer but its amazing how much nicer it looks on an LCD with resolution 1600 x 1200. I saw they tested the quad graphics card system on a 30 inch LCD the resolution was 2600 x 1700 or something close to that..thats crazy. But yeah 2k for 3 years isnlt that bad. Hell when i started driving my car insurance was $2500 for one year. My parents only paid $1200 for two cars. Kind of sad.

14. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Oh dude. Please don't get me started on Insurance - or petrol prices lol. When you make a comparison like that, things do seem more affordable - insurance being a neccesity and a computer being a luxury though... I hate the way the world works lol. It'd be nice if you hit someone's car and just metioned you have quad SLI and large LCD screen and eberything would be ok lol. Do you ever get ghosting on your LCD? I wanna get one because they look sweet, AND take up far less room on an already cluttered desk, but I'm not sure what refresh rate to go for. I think there's a game called Dragonshard or something which i was eyeing... It's an RPG I think. I have good memories of WC3 at LANs lol, but i always got my arse kicked by the hardcores in DOTA...

15. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

I was reading in a magazine and I think the new Chipset is called AM2. Also, have you ever played FOOTMEN Frenzy on wc3? That game is so much fun. There is the offical map at www.nohunters.com under downloads.

16. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Nevermind it is the 940.

17. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

No haven't played that WC3 one. Yeah it's the 940, geez they know how to wrangle cash out of us consumers lol.

18. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

I was reading that it will be using on DDR2 ram. I also read that in 2007 DDR3 ram will be out. I wonder if DDR3 ram will be compatable with the motherboard for DDR2. What a money making field...

19. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Hell yeah lol. I mean PCI express cards are mainstream now, and it's near impossible to get AGP cards! It hapened so fast, that if you wanna upgrade now you have to upgrade mother boards. And as yet there is no major advantage with PCI express!

20. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

PCI is faster..thats about it. They have the new QUAD Graphic card systems out now too. However, as of right now, you can only buy a computer with the technology in it. It is not out for building your own yet. Thats crazy...4 Geforce 7900 GTX 500 mb..2 gigs of ram in your graphics cards. WOW!