1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis [Pc Game] Hardware requirements help...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Galvatr0n, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Galvatr0n

Galvatr0n Member

Ok i built my computer about a little over 2 years ago. like right before pci express became mainstream. and so this is what is in my comp right now.

Pentium 4 3.0e HT
    Asus P4P800S-X 2gig max mem
    x2 512mb ram (1-OZC and 1 Geil value ram) (both 2.5 late)
    Nvidia Geforce 6600LE 256mb AGP Graphics card

Now, i know its really outdated, but i was on a budget. I was wondering if i would be able to play this at all (even at low settings) with what i have. Ill upgrade later. It plays F.E.A.R. just fine at high settings with no probs. execpt for the lack of ram so i clip every once in a while. But as far as thats concerned, is Crysis really that big of a difference in Graphics? F.E.A.R. has high-end graphics as well IMO. Same for NFS Carbon i can play it on Max/low AA.

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

not 100% sure because as yet the min reqs have not been relesased but i think you need a dx9 g card, so thats 1 6800 or above.

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Well, I have a account here: http://incrysis.com/forums/index.php

So they should be able to tell you anything about crysis, including system specs and stuff.

To answer your question, I think since you only have 1gb of ram and a 6600, you could play it on super low settings, with some lag.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think it's time for an upgrade, that would barely meet the spec for some of the less strenuous games out there today, so for Crysis you're probably pushing it. A 6600GT perhaps, but LE I don't think so.

5. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I love this link and think it is very useful. Not just for Crysis but when comparing graphics cards at all. I don't know about the other specs but this chart should tell you where your at GPU wise.

http://www.gamepro.com/community/ask_pros.cfm?action=view&question_id=19581&category=pc

Here are two direct links to the official system requirements of Crysis, and a thread about "how well will your PC run Crysis" from the website Waymon3X6 gave you.

http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System Requirements/

http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=746.0

Edit: After reading the thread about how well will your system run Crysis, I feel like I need an upgrade bad. I thought I was doing pretty good last night when I played Shadowrun and Halo 2 on max settings and max resolution. Since those are new games I figured I'd be fine for a while since they ran perfectly. But after reading alot of that thread, it sounds like Crysis will tear my computer apart even on medium settings.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  6. Galvatr0n

Galvatr0n Member

thanx a bunch. all of you ;]. Those links helped out alot. And im probably going to stay ancient for a while longer with AGP. Im planning on getting one of these video cards.

BFG Tech GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

or

XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

what do you guys think is my best choice as far as price to performance goes.

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The 7950GT, although more expensive, is vastly more powerful than a 7600GS.

8. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yeah, I would definitely go withe the 7950 GT over the 7600 GS. I have the 7950 GT and it plays pretty much any game I have on max settings. I'd say it will be fairly decent for Crysis, but I'm upgrading soon to atleast a 8800 GTS, and I hear that still won't get me max settings on Crysis. Apparently Crysis will take anything you throw at it.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

There are already games out there too tough for the 8800GTX to handle, so Crysis will give it a good beating!

10. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

What other games besides Crysis will the 8800 GTX not handle?

I guess we'll see how well the 8900 series cards handle them.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Stalker and Rainbow Six Vegas. Not on max anyway.

12. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I haven't tried stalker yet. I'm not sure exactly what that game is. I've looked at it, and it looked like a horror game. I'm not much into them, I like games more like Counter Strike, BF2, and GRAW. But I'm really not sure what stalker is like. As far as Rainbow Six Vegas, I find it hard to believe the 8800 GTX won't handle it. I have mine set on max, but I guess mine runs smoothly just because of the 1440 x 900 resolution.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Everything's at max? Hats off, I suppose I could perhaps manage that at 1440x900, at 1680x1050 I have to make some compromises, at 2560x1600 I have to make all the compromises!

14. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

As far as I know nothing else will go up any higher. I might try to play it on the 22" at 1680 X 1050 and see what I get later.

But thats why I don't use my larger monitor for playing games. I would rather play on a slightly smaller screen with everything turned up, than play on a larger screen and have to worry about turning the settings down.

Although I will say I would love to have the Dell Ultrasharp 3007WFP that you have. It must be nice when you play a game with that resolution smoothly. But then I guess there would be cons too, like sacrificing high settings for a resolution that looks decent on that size monitor and can play smoothly.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I was running Halo 2 for Vista (with an XP mod) at 1680x1050 and it really didn't look that bad, and that's an old game (albeit recently released)

16. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I've got a demo of Halo 2 for Vista, so I haven't tried the mod for XP yet. But in Vista it seems like I was near max settings (maybe not all the way) with 1440 x 900, but I think it would run alot smoother on my XP portion. I ran Shadowrun, first on Vista and could only run it with some high settings and 1280 x 1024 res. Then later got the XP patch and ran it on my XP portion with everything on max and 1440 x 900 with no lag what so ever. Shadowrun took advantage of every component in my PC and gave me good results. CPU usage generally stayed at around 95%, heated my GPU right up, and took quite a bit of ram, but I felt like it was all being used to it's full extent. Unlike in some games where it lags but yet it seems like your PC is doing nothing.

I hope Crysis works out to be similar to Shadowrun as far as utilizing all components to their fullest extent, and taking what you give it and making the most of it.

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Not tried shadowrun, although with the success of the XP patch for Halo 2, I'm keen to do so. I just wish Networking would work using the XP Patches, that and that Halo 2 supported 2560x1600. How can a game that new not support that res?

18. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Wow, thats surprising. I assumed it would support that since it's fairly new. I need to actually buy Halo 2 for PC (for now I have the demo) so I can try out Windows Live. I would like to play it using the patch in XP, but multiplayer is mostly what I care about anyway. I hate the fact that it would run so much smoother with XP, yet I can't because of all of the issues, and Microsoft's Ignorance.

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Issues? The game runs absolutely flawlessly in XP bar the fact that you can't use Windows Live Networking. All that takes a little bit more leet hax. I was concerned when I saw it on an X1400 laptop and it ran badly at low settings. However, in XP it runs smooth as silk even at top settings (although top isn't in fact top without 2560x1600 support). The graphics still look a bit dump regardless, they're just smooth and clean now. Smooth and clean, but simple.

20. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Well, by issues I had heard that on one level (for everyone) it popped up and said insert DVD. Other than that, actually I haven't heard of any other problems.

I was glad to see that it supports dual core though.