1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRYSIS!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by doobers, Nov 14, 2007.

1. doobers

doobers Member

ok, so i finally saw the official sys reqs for crysis today and the graphics seem pretty intence.
    i own at all the other parts, but the graphics im unsure.

i have an ATI radeon X2300

does anyone know if it will run the game at all?
    it has 128 vram dedicated and then can take more from the sys ram. i have enough for it to get bumped up to 896 if needed lol.

any help please!!!

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

I think it should.

3. AXT

AXT Guest

Probably On Low settings. Man, I can't wait to buy it this Friday. I will spend all weekend playing this game.

4. sciascia

sciascia Member

5. doobers

doobers Member

ok, so i just did that system checker thingy kindly provided by sciascia and it says that i pass in every department except for graphics. but the only let down was the amount of video ram available.
    says i have 128 but need 256. but as i said earlier, i can add more with the sys ram.

Video Card
    Minimum: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
    You Have: ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 (ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 (0x718A))
    FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 131.0 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

if anyone can make an educated guess at weather or not ill b able to play now, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks for all the replys so far btw :)

6. DMW

DMW Regular member

Best option would be to download the demo first and try that, you will know for sure then.

7. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Well the 2300 isnt that great of a card for gaming. Its more of a mainstreem card for word processing or sufing the web.

If you want to play Crysis on high then get a 8800GT from nvidia. Fairly cheap card, best bang for the buck. Just make sure your system wont bottleneck it and that your power supply is good enough.

8. doobers

doobers Member

yeh the X2300 sucks. i hate it. has caused me nothing but grief.
    doom3 runs well, looks shabby. serious sam 2 had difficulty running it at low, even when my old laptop with integrated graphics could do better.
    stalker didnt play too well either, and as for bioshock. well it didnt run at all!!

i HATE the X2300

i downloaded the demo of crysis. and i love it. i want it so bad.
    but yet again, the X2300 is my downfall.
    it runs the game, but id b lucky to hit summin like 5fps :|

lame!
    i went and looked for a new computer today, but they are all to expensive.
    3500$(aud) for the one i liked.
    im a laptop person which is no good. so thats y its so much. but it has a decent geforce in it and a pretty good processor aswell. thats basically all i care about.
    think it was a 2.4 core 2 duo, and im unsre bout the card, but it had 512 dedicated. and for a laptop, thats good.

sigh..

9. MSAA9993

MSAA9993 Regular member

Hey all, my system is:

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    RAM 2048MB
    Video Card Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2
    (Anything else please ask)

Is that around the recomenned requirements?
    I played the demo hoping to play Crysis on fairly high graphics. But I had to put everything to Low except Object Detail (Medium) Physics (High) Shader (High)
    With everything on Low except them 3 the game still goes slow with fps around 15-25. I thought my system would be capable of running Crysis quite high.

Any ideas on what is wrong or do I need to buy any new things to make it faster?

Thanks

10. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Yeah that should run crysis well.

Man, that X2300 makes my 7350 LE sound like gold...

11. escalante

escalante Regular member

Crysis is kick-ass! hehe. You guys think that I would be able to run it with everything high?

Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64x2 6400+ (3.2 GHz)
    2048 MB RAM (2x 1024MB)
    2X nVidia GeForce 8500GT (SLI enabled)
    offboard sound and network...

I usually play at about 1600x1520 or something like that.
    Anything else?

12. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

^No, not on high. Probably medium/low at that resolution. The 8500 is a pretty weak card, even though it's in SLi. I would dump both of the 8500s and get a 8800GT. With that you could run it on all high.

MSAA, try updating your drivers to nvidia's newest beta drivers. Nvidia's newer drivers are improved mostly for Crysis.

13. escalante

escalante Regular member

Both of the cards are 512MB each...wouldn't that help?

14. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yes, that will help a tiny bit, but not much. There are more things that make a GPU run fast, such as the number of pixel pipelines, how much bandwidth it can transfer and how fast it can do that. Also, the core/memory clock are important too.

15. escalante

escalante Regular member

If I would dump both the cards and go with an 8800GT, is that better? Can I have an 8800GT and one of the 8500GT in SLI?

16. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yes, the 8800GT is way better! It is the 3rd best card in the world right now, and is cheap compared to the other cards. In some tests its very close to the 8800GTX ($500), so a 8800GT will eat your 8500s for breakfast!

As for SLi, no you cant. SLi only works with 2 of the same cards, so you will not be able to mix a 8800 and a 8500 together.

17. funky22

funky22 Guest

waymon he could not run it at high with 8800gt that is a big lie my single ultra cant run it on all high i need to take shadows and some stuff to medium but shaders and texture and all rest is on high and works great but 2 ultras kick ass and all is on high and game is amazing yuhoo :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  18. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

I can push the demo to upper mid-range w/ 8500GT(just the one), just not smooth enough for my liking on full acceleration but this game is freaking awesome!!!!
    My Rig (nothing fancy) : 2.01GHZ 1.5GB 8500GT-w/512
    On my laptop default settings are best (HP dv6500 a.k.a. "Jerry Seinfeld" packing a nvidia 7150m) I'm just happy it plays because I don't think they officially support the mobile cards yet.

EDIT: I think mine is the Seinfeld edition but I have the turion 64x2, so maybe not. Other than that yes, it's the Jerry.. and I love it!!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  19. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hey bud, Crysis hasn't been optimized to use SLi or Crossfire yet, so maybe you should rethink that.

Edit: It's probably your drivers? Did you get the latest (betas) from nvidia? Videos on youtube are running an ultra and fraps and its so fricken smooth.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z61DgDkVIXg

[​IMG]

More here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...8800gt-512mb-superclocked-edition-review.html

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007