1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS6100 question

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mviz, Dec 16, 2007.

1. mviz

mviz Member

I had a dish installed at my place when I moved in so I got a CS6100 programmed it & it is ready. Actually I did the tune up at my brother's place on his Dish Pro. But when I came home it was not working & on further inspection I found that I had a direct tv dish. So before I jump on the roof I wanted to ask you guys if I change direction of my DTV antenna can i access dish network (110 & 119).

Thanking you all in anticipation!!

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

If you have more than one lnb on the dish it should work.

3. mviz

mviz Member

Thanks billo, so now that my DTV dish is pointing to 119 W so I should get Dish network 119 W or do I need to make any adjustments to it.

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

If you are getting a signal and good quality, the settings are right, you should get tv.

5. mviz

mviz Member

Hey Bill, I forgot to mention this earlier that with the current DTV setup I am only getting level bar in RED at 90%, and no quality bar. So if you could suggest anything here (I am in US & my zip is 08859)

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

Go here and use the calculator and it will put in the ball park of the sat and then you will have to fine tune it.

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/index.php

7. mviz

mviz Member

Thanks Bill, I'll keep you posted

8. bill038

bill038 Guest

I have a feeling it is time to go Ho HO HO up on the roof top we go.

9. mviz

mviz Member

Actually with the Nor'easter flying by I will have to hold off on that being santa :)

10. bill038

bill038 Guest

Good luck

11. mviz

mviz Member

Hi Bill I was on my roof on Christmas day I got things straightened out this time, using my single lnb I managed to get 91 w Nimiq (61.5 W is up) on my CS6100. Then I updated my NORW 129 after I did a factory reset I still found that the channels were scrambeled. I read that I need to update my keys so I updated them from the ones given here.

But still no luck, so am I missing somthing, please help!

12. breck68

breck68 Guest

Don't use the keys always posted here. By the time they are posted and the time you get to read them, they might have changed again.

Turn off your autoroll
    Enter the latest keys.
    You can access several sites i have add to the toolbar: http://FTAHELP.OurToolbar.com

13. mviz

mviz Member

Thanks Breck, when you say autoroll I have Echostar & Bev Autoroll in CS6100, so should I turn off one of them or both? A naive question from a newbie :)

14. breck68

breck68 Guest

Well at the moment, a new bin has come out.
    You can get it off the toolbar I created: http://FTAHELP.OurToolbar.com

But,

DISH is up
    BEV is DOWN again.

15. mviz

mviz Member

Hi Breck, I am using CS6100 for the first time and I have followed all your instructions setting it up, I updated it to NORW 130 and the key today now it finds all the channel for 61.5 W Echo. But when I press the EPG button on my remote then I don't see any of these channels. When I try to select a channel to view, it gives me "scrambeled channel" message. What should I do please rescue me.