1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS help

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by vans12, Jun 4, 2012.

1. vans12

vans12 Regular member

Hey guys so hopefully this is the right section of the forum to post for help. I have done some web site building in the past but nothing real big. I have been working on this site for a friend that owns a small business and I have it looking pretty good in Firefox, opera, and safari. Although IE is given problems the whole menu is overlaid on top of each other so you can't read any link clearly. You can use all the link just can't read what they say. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this or how I can fix this? I can post the site if needed I just didn't want to violate the forum rules and be banned or anything because I have had this account for a very long time.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, a link to the stylesheet would be useful really - some things are buggy within IE.

3. vans12

vans12 Regular member

Thanks for the quick response! I got the original template from it is the Zzrider template at the very bottom of the page. I deleted a lot of the items they had like the car and purple box but kept pretty much everything else.

If you want to see what I have done incase you think it is my site specific the website I have been working on is I know it is not the prettiest website, he just needs something simple and I would like it to display correctly in IE. Thanks again for your help.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm 90% sure it's to do with the way IE handles the 'position' attribute, but I don't have the time/knowledge to properly mess with and fix it - sorry.