1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cubesoft Phoenix for Linux?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Jicksta, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Jicksta

Jicksta Member

Cubesoft Phoenix for Linux?

Does anyone know if this exists? I'm having a difficult time finding ANY information about Phoenix.

2. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

Get Windows, problem solved.

3. Hogmyster

Hogmyster Member

Get Windows, problem solved.

and then you realize windows in itself is a problem.. and youv'e got many many more problems..

as for phoenix in linux no, there isnt a linux port made of it.. there is psoload for linux though. and i'm not 100% sure if phoenix is able to be used in wine, rumors are it is.. i havent heard anything about it.. if you really wanted to you could go about using a virtual machine though :)

4. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

Linux is the homosexual version OS compared to Windows.

It's said to be cleaner and less buggy, but in truth is weak and can hardly support anything good (yes, i'm being stereotypical of a gay effeminate man)

Windows XP Professional SP2 has no bugs, and if you do find one, then microsoft will have an update to fix it. As for Linux, it isn't as "stable" as people claim, when I used it, on multiple accasions I had to kill programs that froze on me. Besides,not many good programs work for it. I've tried both out, and in my personal opinion:

Windows XP>Windows 2000>Linux>Windows 98>Windows ME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MAC OS 10!

(the MAC OS is crap. Linux isn't that bad, it's just that I feel Windows XP is far superior. I'm not being bias, i've used a bunch of different OS and gave each a chance)

5. Hogmyster

Hogmyster Member

you have got to be kidding me.. just because you can't get applications to run stable due to your lack of linux knowledge you insist on calling linux homosexual? like being homosexual is a bad thing.

Linux may not be the most user friendly thing in the world, but by no means is it unstable... perhaps you should learn how to compile programs that aren't garbage before you call linux homosexual.

what programs did you have to kill? did you compile the wrong drivers for your system and then try replacing them without getting the other ones off..

windows xp is by far the best windows operating system there is, personally i have nothing against windows xp except the fact that many times it doesnt always act the same... performance wise, oh and i can name a few things about service pack 2 that pisses me off, and a lot that actually make me happy.

now for linux being unstable? wtf lol, ran that thing for over a year without any problems that werent caused by my own dumb self compiling a program that shouldnt be running on it anyway.

and nothing you have even said pertains to this friggin post, he didnt ask which operating system is better or how to solve the problem, he wanted to know if it existed..

6. forge§

forge§ Member

I would really like to see a linux solution for the iso serving. what i want to have set up at the house is a general purpose server, that has my music and pics on it, and my GC iso's as well. linux is especially great as a server, if it's installed right it doesnt ever go down. i run a few here at work, and i love the way they work.

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@xRichManx:
    I don't see how your preference for Windows helps Jicksta run something on Linux. If you don't like it, don't use it, but please keep your replies relevant to the topic. If you want to discuss the merits of different operating systems, start your own thread.

8. Clete2

Clete2 Member

Yeah, the only download I found was on a bittorrent site. I'd love a Linux port, but for now, I'll try wine out later on it. Anyone had success with it and WINE?