1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cucusoft splits 800M avi to 2 dvds instead of using one

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dtcmusic, Aug 15, 2007.

1. dtcmusic

dtcmusic Member

Hi

I have an avi size 800Mb but when I convert and burn with Cucusoft avi to dvd convertor it asks for two dvds. It's obviously me doing something wrong with the settings. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dave

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Not familiar with the program, but if you are converting to DVD compliant files the size of the AVI is not relevant, it's the running time that matters. It should have either some 'Quality' presets or somewhere to enter the correct video bitrate to fit to the disc size.

Figure your bitrate here:

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

3. dtcmusic

dtcmusic Member

Hi thanks for your reply. It does have quality settings in advanced options, 1 to 10, I had it set on 3. It also has a choice of variable or constant bitrate, it was set to 9000 variable. Couldn't get my head round the bitrate calculator but I'll try messing about with the quality and see if that does it. Thanks very much.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Variable is fine, 9000 isn't. A 2 hour movie should be at about 4800 kb/s.

5. dtcmusic

dtcmusic Member

Ah, I think you may have spotted my error! I'll give it a go now and let you know if it works. Thanks again!

6. dtcmusic

dtcmusic Member

Thanks, it worked! I reduced the quality from 3 to 4 and tried 4800 bitrate. Didn't work 1st time so I tried the bitrate calculator again and it came up with a lower figure that worked. Thanks again for your help, great forum.