1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cue/bin successful burn-

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by fl6, Sep 4, 2003.

1. fl6

fl6 Member

ok, I read as much as I could from this forum and I'm not sure what I'm missing. Hopefully someone can help.
    -Downloaded a bin file.
    -Created a cue file for it.
    -Mounted the bin file with Alcohol.
    -Scanned it with Clony---see's it as "unknown".
    -Installed latest ASPI files.
    -CLony still see's it as "unknown".
    -Burned image with Alcohol using:
    customized DAO/SAO
    securomNEW-RAW/DAO
    securom-RAW/DAO
    -Burned bin with nero
    -created ISO with winiso
    -burned iso
    All burns fail at the same place.
    All burned at 4x
    Sometimes it hangs, other times it's
    a component transfer failure.
    The bin file is a game.
    I could keep trying different copy protections under alcohol, but I'm not sure I'm barking up the right tree, so I'm not sure what else to try.
    Is it possible it's the download?
    Thanks.

2. fl6

fl6 Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention.
    ALL of the burns are successful, but the failure occurs when I'm installing the game.
    It fails at file copy 25%.

The subject isn't accurate either....my brain is fried.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

1) You failed to mention what pc game you're trying to backup.
    2) Google up Cue Creator.

Shoey :)

4. fl6

fl6 Member

Unreal 2-The Awakening.

5. fl6

fl6 Member

I just finished trying this to no avail.
    I followed this tutorial http://forum.alcohol-software.com/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=1531made
    Basically I made an MDS image from the bin image in Alcohol, then burned a Securom *NEW (V4.x) cd from the MDS image.

I thought the protection was going to be Securom *NEW (V4.x)so I thought doing it this way would work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the file I downloaded (the bin file) was not properly copied, then there's nothing I can do.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Image of the pc game must be read with sub-q channel data so where is the "cue" file m8? I assume you don't have a bwa or mds file but you can make a backup using Alcohol 120% using the SecuROM *NEW (V4.x) datatype profile(save file as iso or bin^ cue) then create a bwa file from that backup. After doing so use either BlindWrite Suite 4.25 (or latest build) or CloneCD\TwinPeak Tool and insert the bwa file you created in the folder to where you saved Unreal 2 or use your backup& extract.

7. fl6

fl6 Member

yes, I don't have an m8 file, or bwa.
    I took one of the cd's that didn't work and made an MDS file with alcohol, because if I mount the bin file to a virtual drive i get errors trying to read from it(make a backup using Alcohol 120% using the SecuROM *NEW (V4.x) datatype profile(save file as iso or bin/cue))
    I went to BlindWrite-physical cd dumper-and converted the mds file BWA.(create a bwa file from that backup)

Went to BlindWrite to burn the cd, tried to load the BWA file, but I would get an error saying that the Image file doesn't exist.
    So I tried renaming the bwa to bwt, same thing.

Then I renamed the mds file to ISO (save file as iso or bin/cue), burned it and no luck.

I think I did everything you said, unless I misinterpreted something.

Thanks for the help by the way.

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

m8 = a casual way of sale 'mate' (i.e., dude, buddy, etc).... its not actually a filetype! hehe

9. fl6

fl6 Member

D'oh!

10. Praetor

lol you aren't the first one! hehe :)

11. fl6

fl6 Member

well that's good

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Which one m8? CD 2 contins the SecuROM 4.8.4 cd protection. If using Alcohol 120% then burn CD 1&2 using the SecuROM *NEW (V4.x) datatype profile settings and burn 8x. Use BlindWrite Builder and create a bwa file from the cd 2 backup and if you have more than 1 drive, then create another bwa file. Read (or dump) the image of cd 2 using BlindWrite Suite 4.25 (preferably) to a folder on your hd and when all finished then insert 1 of the bwa files you created and use the BlindWrite Suite guide and make a backup. If the backup fails then try the other bwa file you created m8. Note the the bwa file must be named identical to the physical cd character of the pc game. Example: Unreal Tourament 2003(CD 1)= UT2003_CD1

13. fl6

fl6 Member

I've been working in CD1 the whole time because I can't test CD2 until I get passed the install process with CD1.

I would assume CD1 has the same protection.

I'm trying the 2 BlindWrite methods now, I already tried Alcohol using the SecuROM *NEW (V4.x) datatype profile settings at 4x and this didn't work.

14. fl6

fl6 Member

Still no go.
    Everything is good as in the bwa filename is correct, I tried each way of burning it and it's still the same error.

I tried running the install after mounting the image in daemon tools, and choosing different emulation modes, and this did not work either, would that suggest that the image is not good?

15. Praetor

CDMage is an extremely poweful (and free) utility that allows for all sorts of manipulation with almost any type of CD Image. With CDMage, you can scan a BIN/CUE for errors and corruption, fix any corruption found (remember to make a backup first!) as well as extracting data from CD Images and creating CUE files from BIN files. You can download CDMage from http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html

To check for corruption, load the image (specifying the correct input parameters if needed), goto the Actions Menu and select Scan for Corruption.

16. fl6

fl6 Member

I scanned for corruption and CDMAge found 1964 corrupt sectors. Severity is medium, content is "Yet not identified".

17. fl6

fl6 Member

I tried to do a repair, and it only fixed one sector out of 1964.

18. Praetor

Well there you have it! :)

19. fl6

fl6 Member

sorry if I wasted your guys time, everything seem to point to the burning process and not the downloaded file.
    If I get it going, I'll definitely post my findings.
    Thanks.

20. fl6

fl6 Member

Finally I got everything to work.
    The problem in short was that the files were corrupt from the download, at least to CDMAge it was.
    After the first download of CD1, CDMage said the image had 1964 errors, and couldn't repair all of them, thus any burning method would not work. I downloaded the file again, "Scanned for Corruption" with CDMage, had 4 errors, fixed them all, dragged the bin file to Nero6, burned the image and everything worked. I'm half way through the game now. But as soon as the image was fixed of all errors, I didn't have to do any fancy burning, or make a cue file etc. Just burned it and it worked great.
    Thanks to all that helped.