1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CUE & CCD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jricker, Dec 28, 2002.

1. jricker

jricker Guest

I've just gotten started with burning and various posts I've seen have both CUE & CCD files which the burner software and the CD-ROM emulators I have seem to not care which I use.

When I go to burn the files, is there one I should use over the other or were they just put in the archive for completeness?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2002
  2. riksworld

riksworld Regular member

it does not matter wich one you use, the cue file is for a program called cdrwin and the ccd file is for clonecd, personally, i always use clonecd

Rik.

3. jricker

jricker Guest

Ah, thats about what I figured.

I have one other problem maybe someone can give me a hand with. I have a backup of Living Large. I first tried emulating the image and it works fine, installs correctly and doesn't nag about missing the CD when I play since the game recognizes the emulated CD as the original.

But my problem is when I burn it, the burned CD the game isn't fooled at all and requires the original CD to be put in. Is there any particular modes I should be using that I'm not aware about? I'm currently using either Alcohol 120% and Nero - burned one of each.

Thanks again,
    Joel

4. riksworld

riksworld Regular member

the game is looking for the safedisc protection, you need a patch to alter the main .exe

goto (CENCORED BY ADMIN)

rik.

ADMIN NOTE: No links to sites providing patches or similar content allowed.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2002
  5. jricker

jricker Guest

It's ok :) The link didn't have any that I want anyways. Figured out what to do though. I would prefer not to patch the backups if I can help it. My problem was mainly that Alcohol doesn't seem to support my drives method of RAW which is SAO/RAW -- not sure the difference but I'm sure it means something to somebody.

What I did find out is CloneCD does and what I did was emulate the image file was DAEMON Tools and have CloneCD copy that disk. Worked like a charm :)

Thanks
    Joel