1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Custom Pc Built Help Plz

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pete1987, Jan 26, 2015.

1. pete1987

pete1987 Member

Pc Specs -
    Motherboard - Asrock 960GC-GS FX
    RAM - Corsair CM202048 8500C5C (X2)
    CPU - AMD Phenom 9500 Quadcore
    Past few days I have been having problems with BSOD errors as follows
    0x00000124, (0xFFFFFa8004F88028, 0x00000000B6254000, 0x000000005E000135)
    The only error that's reports back is 0x00000124, what I have read up on is that it could be hardware/driver issue.
    I set my CPU clock speed in the bios so they ran at the correct speed, I tried to do the ram without success as my computer was running slow and laggy, setting the CPU sped the pc up a bit.
    As I thought this may of been the problem I have reset the bios back to default but the error still continues.
    I have ran a CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 which just sends it straight to BSOD.
    I have uploaded a pic of the CPU cooler that am using.
    AMD CPU Cooler - Copper - 4 Pin - Heatpipe - Socket 939 - AM2 - AM2+ - AM3 .
    (Is this correct for my CPU? the item description said it is for the Phenom series I also double checked with the seller)

I am currently running a Ram Test with Memtest86+ to see if there is any problem with the ram.
    I am hoping it just a driver or software conflict :fingers_crossed:

Also could I have some help in setting the bios setting for my ram and CPU in the bios please?
    My ram timings are 1066 MHz, 5-6-6-18 2.10v
    Here is the default bios setting for my ram
    Ram.JPG
    Would I be correct in saying this for the setting?
    Ram 2.
    Not sure on all the setting thou
    also what would I need to set my CPU to as when I have read that if my CPU is set at the highest with the ram is can cause it to crash (may be wrong)
    Let me know if I need to start a new thread for this
    TIA Pete

Attached Files:

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. pete1987

pete1987 Member

Thanks for the reply, am running windows 7, that's the link that I found when googled the error lol,
    I finished the ram test with 8 passes and all passed with no errors.
    I also have ran another CPU test with the bios set to default and it ran with any errors,
    Do you think this could be due to over heating when I have the CPU set to its correct value within the bios?

4. ddp

it is possible. leave the cpu setting in default & run the computer for a few days to see if get the error again or not.

5. richietea

richietea Regular member

What are the temps of the cpu in your bios? Also remove your Graphics card,boot with onboard VGA and see if the problem persists.The error code could mean a number of things from hardware failure to overheating,lack of power running through the psu to the setup.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  6. pete1987

pete1987 Member

At present as the bios is set a default the temp is reading at 24-26 with normal load I have a program called core temp, I have read up and people have recommended it.
    I also ran a CPU stress and the temps read about 35-40 (I think) and it ran for a few hours with no issues.
    It seems to running ok at the minute ( just really slow lol) , if it crashes it again I will try what you have suggested richietea, I have a 750w PSU it should have another power for a basic setup lol.

7. richietea

richietea Regular member

Just the HDD to check as you have done,reading your posts everything else.Hope your bios setup as default has sorted it all out.Post a log of your error if you encounter it again or let us know either way you have had no issues.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  8. pete1987

pete1987 Member

Thanks for the help, HDD's should be ok but will check, when i set the bios to run the CPU at correct speed it does help and speed up my computer but that seems to be when i encounter the problems, would you say that the CPU fan that am using is suitable for my CPU?
    When the bios is set as default is runs really slow and lagy.

9. ddp

I presume that cpu heatsink & fan assembly came with the cpu? check the motherboard site to see if there is a newer bios update compared to what you have now.

10. richietea

richietea Regular member

If the core temp and the stability is ok with the cpu i don't see it been a problem with the cooling.Did you have on the off chance have a fresh install of your o/s ?

11. pete1987

pete1987 Member

No I got the CPU of eBay and had to get the heat sink and fan from another seller, I not long updated the Bois I will double check the site again thou

12. ddp

in task manager under performance tab, how many cores show up?

13. pete1987

pete1987 Member

- update to the bios version - Bios is the latest one.

- yes all 4 core are showing up in task manager.

- the o/s is fresh of this year but only when I installed the drivers as it was installing (I think it was the sound) it came up "found new hardware and I clicked to find drivers while it was still installing whether this cause the problem?