1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Customization] Adding launchers to the dock

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by NaztyNayt, Jun 22, 2008.

1. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

I just installed Awn, and I'm not able to add launchers to the dock, I can browse them through Awn manager, but whenever I find what I want to add, and click open, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

3. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

Actually, it looks like I've figured it out, partially. If I run gksu nautilus, I can copy/paste the directory to the dock, and it will be there when I boot back up. However it's just the exe icons (or whatever they're called), and I have to change the icon. However, I'm stuck now, and not sure where to go from here.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

That shouldn't be too hard.. Find the icon wherever it is, add the shortcut to your launcher so it displays that icon, then under the action options for the icon link the icon to the /usr/bin/whatever app it represents. I'm guessing it's similar in function to adding custom icons to the top toolbar in that respect (or it will work that way .. not elegant, but it should work)

5. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

Figured it all out, awesome. Thanks Varnull.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

No probs.. Was I going the right way, or miles off? I don't use these launchers but sooner or later somebody is going to present me with a messed up heap which does. XD