1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cut beginning and end of video with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by diablo, Feb 12, 2004.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

i need to cut 30- 45 seconds from the beginning and end of a video. i treid virtual dub but when i open the video in virtual dub it wont parse all the video so i can use that..

how can i cut these sections out with tmpgenc WITHOUT reencoding it? i treid the merge and cut but it says illegal mpg stream format, so i know how to use the source video option in tmpgenc to cut the areas out but what settings do i use so IT DOES NOT reencode it?

thanks

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

3. flyboi

flyboi Member

Hi! U can use Tmpgenc to cut your video. Go to FILE-MPEG TOOLs-MERGE&CUT. Use the correct video TYPE like (MPEG1 video cd). Then add the file that u want to cut. Then doubleclick the file and edit merge window will come out.
    Move the pointer to point where u want to cut. Then save your file as a mpg file. Click ok. Then click run. Now ur done.

Cheers

4. diablo

diablo Guest

i tried to cut it in tmpegenc but i got an illegal mpeg video stream error, i used all types at the top and none of then worked

5. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Did you even try my suggestion? If Womble doesn't work, I have two words for you. Bad mpeg.

6. diablo

diablo Guest

since its a trial verion does it leave a water mark or logo on the video

havent yet tried it i hate trial versions cuz when go to use it again its dead after the 30 days

7. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

There is no watermark left on your movie, and if I remember correctly, you can use the product past 30 days for mpeg-1 only.