1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CuteFTP 5.0

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by AxEnderx, Sep 13, 2002.

1. AxEnderx

AxEnderx Member

I downloaded CuteFTP 5.0, installed and ran it. It was the evaluation version, so I looked for a crack. I found one that said just run a registry file, but it doesn't do anything after it puts the info in the registry file. I figured I should have done this before installion CuteFTP, but I forgot. Now I need to delete the registry so I can reuse CuteFTP evaluation period or if someone can tell me how to get the crack to work. Or, if I was supposed to apply that reg file before I installed. I like CuteFTP better than other FTP programs, so hopefully someone can help me so I can get back to using it. At the moment, it is giving me the 'Buy Now' or 'Enter Serial Number' screen.

I've tried looking for a serial number crack, but I've only found the reg file crack.

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

You have to know where to look.

Just for the heck of it, I just visited a peer-to-peer network (Grokster) and viewed at least a dozen cracks for cuteftp, spanning different versions, and I don't even know what cuteftp *is*! (How's that grab ya?) <gg> And I keep seeing mention of this "Key Generator" program, which - I assume - attempts to work out a valid serial number for you. Seems like pretty risky stuff, though.

Same with Nero Burning Rom, etc., but you have to be careful what you decide to download and install these offerings. There are NO guarantees when you attempt using such downloaded software, you have to know what you're doing, and a corrupted Windows registry invariably means a full re-install of your OS.

-- Mike --