1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cutting clips...

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Pfhor, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Pfhor

Pfhor Member

Hey guys,

I've starting to work on a soccer compilation and had a few questions. First off, I have been using Simple Video Splicer to cut clips from either mpeg or avi formatted games. For the most part, it cuts the clips fine (sometimes though the clips are cut and play in slow motion). Anyway, they are in QT format after they are cut. The problem is other people cannot view them for some reason as it says its an invalid format. What seems to be the problem? If anyone is curious and might want to check them out, leave me your e-mail and I'll mail you a small clip.

Another question that I got is regarding cutting clips from these formats: wmv, rmvb, and mp4. Which app can do that on a Mac?

Lastly, which app do you guys prefer for making a simple comp? I've heard iMovie will do it just fine, what do you guys think?

Well that is all, appreciate any help, thanks all.

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. Pfhor

Pfhor Member

The clips which were cut were from entire soccer games. How do you export these clips into a self-contained movie file? There does not seem to be any export options with my Quicktime. I'm using Quicktime 7.0.3 btw... Actually there is an export feature, but I need QT Pro for it, is that what you were referring to?

Ok, what program can convert those formats (.wmv, .rmvb, etc) to a .mov file?

Thanks for the info on MediaEdit Pro v2. I'll go check it out. And thanks again for your response.