1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cutting up a movie that is to long

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by goodswipe, May 3, 2003.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Ok I split up a movie I have into two seperate files. It comes out to like 800 something mb when split up. Is there a way to cut out the begining titles and the end titles. Would that even give me enough space to fit onto a cd that only holds 700mb ???

2. gsenthil

gsenthil Member

Probably not....100MB=10 minutes. I dont think the titles run for 10 minutes. You are better off splitting into 2 discs

3. xiaomeng

xiaomeng Guest

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

oh well made it into 3 disks

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You could have easily cut the movie without the credits using TMPGEnc!

6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

yeah I figured out how to do that, but cutting them out didnt save me enough space. I love the movie Boogie Nights!!

7. Dela

Well if it is under 800mb or is 800mb thats just fine or vcd!!

8. mrron

mrron Member

Dela, I have a TMPGEnc question which is relevant. I used it to convert an avi to mpg1. The resulting file size is 1140 Mb. I go to MpegTools-Cut/Merge to split it. But tmpgenc gets confused and can't understand where to make the first half. Even tho I moved the slider way to the right for part-1, tmpgenc only produces a small file. When I select the rest for part-2, it produces a huge file: e.g. Part1 = 325Mb, Part2 = 815Mb. If I set a time as Start=00:00:00, End=00:80:00, tmpgenc selects the entire movie. Is there some way to get this to work correctly? Thanks for all your guidance in these forums.

9. Dela

The best thing to do in a situation like that is use something else to cut the movie!!