1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cyberfox browser

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Jul 28, 2019.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

can I install cyberfox 32bit for windows 7 using EITHER intel or amd 32bit cpu? 4 choices are offered, 2 from amd and 2 from intel, 32/64 for each. CB loses its connection or hangs randomly. I reinstalled it. I have not tested it long term to see if the issue is fixed. if not I will install another FF bases browser.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Try it if there's a version that isn't cpu specific (had cyberfox for so long didn't know/forgot there were cpu versions

loosing connection i can't help with as i suspect that is a hardware issue or issue with network side of things not the browser

As for the odd hang that happens on mine however there's nothing that can be done as waterfox does it as well .I use cyber as it has the add-ons i like . Unlike the later chrome backend of chrome base browsers cyber doesn't run in separate processes so it's quite a resource hog especially with multiple tabs open, hence your hanging for a bit .You may find vivaldi better (it's made by a break away group that made opera) it runs tabs in separate processes

edit:
    plugins can cause hangs as well , there is a safe mode under help in menu bar to restart browser with plugins disabled

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019