1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CyberHome 300 only plays dvd+rw back ups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Champ1, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Champ1

Champ1 Guest

I just bought a CyberHome 300 and it will only play DVD+rw back ups, it wont play DVD+R backs ups or DVD-r back ups. Can anyone help me please. It will also play a CD-r back up. Any info will be helpful. Thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey champ1, I heard a lot of great things about that player. What + r and - r media are you using?
    How fast are you burning?
    What is brand and model number of dvd burner?
    Do those backups play ok in your pc, the drive that burned it?

There is something about that media that it don't like. These 4 questions should answer that.A media change usually takes care of it,especially if that burner's firmware will not support that media you are trying to use.

Usually the issues are the opposite, it will play r's but not rw's.

3. Champ1

Champ1 Guest

I am using max speed, should I record slower? Model is cyberhome 300
    I am using memorex dvds
    yes they play in my CPU fine

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those 3 questions should answer your problem.

1)Max speed,whatever it is.
    Slow down the burnspeed,4x the max.

2)using memorex media at max speed.
    Memorex is pretty much crap. They had their hey-day with vhs. Now in dvd media,90% is worthless and the other 10% ok. You just don't know what kind of quality you are getting from them.

3)your pc plays those backups fine. It usually does. If it doesn't,it is either a software,hardware,or media issue.

Slow down that burnspeed to under 4x,you might even have to go to 2x. Poor quality media,slower burn speed may help,might not.

Your stand alones magnify the quality of the media. Your specs on the cyberhome 300 says all formats,+/- r's,rw's. However this does not mean much.

If the slower burn speed does not help, try maxell,fuji,sony,or tdk. Preferably something made in japan. Japan has the best quality media.Memorex is not recommended here unless you know what the 10% good ones are.The poor media can really screw a person up,not only on dvd burning,but like you, stand alone playability no matter if they are doing dvd movies,dvx,or dvd files. Hope this helps you out. Later

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I just got one ... and mine plays +R media.