1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle redundancy check

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jbeck85, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jbeck85

jbeck85 Member

DVD Shrink says failure to read drive E half way through the encoding process because of a cycle redundancy check. I have never came across thsi problem before. Any suggestions?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

CRC errors mean that your disc is scratched, dirty or damaged. Apparently some of the newer protection on some discs can also throw this error. Running a lenses cleaner through your ROM/Burner is a good idea also.

3. jbeck85

jbeck85 Member

Thank you I'll try that

4. jbeck85

jbeck85 Member

Tried it and it didn't work. Tried using the dvd burner drive too and it didn't work. I should mention that I have burned multiple dvds without any problems so this problem is very random.

5. bardie

bardie Regular member

Is this problem with just one particular disc or is it happening with all disc's.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

What movie are you trying to back up? The forgotten, RE2, Little Black Book?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  7. DJH7

DJH7 Member

I had the same problem, was trying to copy the best of carson vol 2...at the end about 30 sec left it would not copy using dvd shrink or crypter...got a copy of AnyDVD and Clone Dvd 2 and it worked the first time. I hope the dvd shrink folks are working on a big update it so much easier to use.

8. jbeck85

jbeck85 Member

Can't say what I am trying to copy, it's against the froum rules right?? I think you guys are right that it is just the disc(scratched like hell). Thanks a lot.

9. T-shot

T-shot Member

Hey I figured out a way to get past a problem I was having with The Bourne Supremacy. You might be able to try this, too. I kept getting a CRC error in only one of the VOB files, but this worked for me. This might be a good way to get past scratched discs. Check this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/153837 .
    Hope it helps!! BTW my disc was brand new, i.e. no scratches!!