1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle redundency in DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by heynow69, Dec 17, 2004.

1. heynow69

heynow69 Member

I searched through the forum and found a few references, but they were very old. I am running XP with a fairly powerful system. I have been burning disks for a year or so and recently I have been getting 2 errors.

The frst has been a "cycle redundency" error about halfway through the preview stage in DVD Shrink.
    The second is that when it does work, I am getting choppy playback or unable to playback on my dvd player.(I have tried several different media(no name brand and Maxell) and upgraded my NEC ND-1100A firmware).

Any thoughts?
    Frank

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Honestly it sounds like an issue with media to me. No name brands can't be good and Maxell depends on which format. -R Maxell sucketh in a big big way but +R Maxell are usually really reliable.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

A cycle redundency error has nothing to do with the media you are writing on it has more to do with reading the data off of your original disk. This is ushually due to the Original disk being dirty of damaged, but in your case It probably has more to do with resources, heat, or old writer.
    Make sure nothing else is running when doing this process.
    Open up your PC and blow out all that dust :)
    Try a DVD lens cleaning disk in your burner.

Hope these help

[​IMG]