1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cyclic redundancy message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WTCAMB, Mar 3, 2005.

1. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

I tried to burn disc 6 of band of brothers. I am using DVDCLone2 and AnyDVD. The first 5 disc, which was the main parts copied perfectly but on disc 6, which is making of the movie, photo diaries,etc. will not copy due to this read error message. The disc is clean and free of scratches. Any solutions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If the last disc is in perfect condition as you say, then the problem has to be corrupt data on the disc itself. Most players will overlook a slight imperfection in data but when you try to rip it for a copy the bad spot shows up. Try doing the rip with DVD Decrypter. It can sometimes overcome bad spots and may get the job done.

Jerry
    Forgot to mention in Decrypter settings there is a block to check that says: Ignor read errors.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

Thanks, but Decrypter failed also. I borrowed a friends disc 6 and it failed also. I don't believe it is even encrypted.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

How about trying a straight disc copy program like in Nero or Roxio. If there is no encryption they may work, but its looking more like bad data on that disc 6.

Jerry

5. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

Thanks, Jerry, I'll try it but this is the first one that has ever failed. The thing is I've tried 2 different disc 6 of Band of Brothers. It doesn't look like both would have bad data. I've used the latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, DVD shrink and Decrypter blocking out the ignore read errors and none of them work. The first 5 disc of B.O.B. worked fine, which was the main parts, but the disc 6 on behind the scenes, trailers, photo diaries and interviews fail. it just baffles me more than anything else why that particular disc would fail.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

WTCAMB,
    What type of drive are you trying to rip the disk with?
    Why I am asking is because if you are using a DVD ROM drive try ripping it in your DVD RW drive. The burners tend to rip disk's a little better and it might be better at this disk. It's worth a try.

7. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

I am using a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A drive.

8. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

It never gets to the burning part. It stops while analyzing in Shrink or scanning in Clone DVD2. It stops scanning at 8% and gives me a cyclic redundancy check read error. It has now done this on 3 different copies of Band of Brothers disc 6, so I know the disc is not bad or scratched.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I guess my point is do you have another drive you can try to read from? I also have a NEC RW and it doesnt rip as good as my Pionner drive.

10. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

No, I just have a cd drive and the NEC. Should I consider getting a Pioneer and what model do you recommend?

11. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

Is Lite On a good brand?

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LiteOn are actually the best for ripping!!

I love my NEC, but it just dosent rip very well compared to other drives I have, but it probably burns the best!