1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CycloDS Evolution

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by magus7091, Jun 3, 2007.

1. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Anyone know anything about this card yet? I don't even know if it's out yet. I'm extremely interested in it due to the improved download play compatibility. If this is out should I get it rather than waiting for the m3 ds real? Any thoughts, or impartial reviews?

2. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

I think it seems to be well known (at least somewhat) now... any thoughts from anyone?

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I didn't reply to the thread first time round due to the "impartial" bit.

But still, my opinion is that is a rather good device, however the price seems a bit high, and due to it being overly advertied over at maxconsole I got put off wanting it, i'm not saying it's rubbish, I wouldn't mind being given one, but it's not something I would spend my money on.

I've currently got my eyes on getting the G6 Real, just need some spare cash :)

4. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

1) Is max console bad?
    2) Anyone at all know anything about the m3/r4 real?
    2a) With the fact that there is now a slot-1 microsd card with (supposedly) the same features as the g6 real, do you think it's only a matter of time now?
    3) Where would one go for impartial reviews of nds flashcards, other than here obviously?

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

1)No i reguarly check the site for news, but the way they have been writng about the CycloDS almost gives the impression they were being paid to do so, they would put it on their homepage as a news post, but then sticky it at the top for a day, they even made a new post for every small thing about it (e.g It can do slowmotion!) Yet when similar devices can do identical things they completely ignore them.
    They even stopped adding the "Discuss in Forums" bit they normally put under their news posts because all the Maxconsole users started flaming the fact they kept advertising it.

2)All I know about the M3 Real is it has nothing to do with R4

3)Probably

4)Dunno, I have always based my own opinions based on what the card can actually do (I usually try and get the best if cost allows)

EDIT: GBAtemp has quite a few reviews:
    http://gbatemp.net/?dynamic=8
    No CycloDS Evo though

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  6. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

The only m3/r4 connection I was making is the fact that if there's an m3 real, there will likely soon thereafter, or before, be an r4 real. Appreciate the info though.

7. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

I got a review sample of the CycloDS Evolution and download play is 100% working. This is far better than the R4DS but Team Cyclops needs to work out the bugs with the soft reset function. My review can be found HERE. If anyone can hook me up with a DS-X so I can review it let me know.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  8. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Thanks, Zombie_X2. I think I'm decided then, just sticking with my m3 simply for now, cheaper, and the only real feature that interests me the most is the download play... Now, if only the m3 real would hurry up...