1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cydoor!!!! hit Me everytime I reboot it causes ie errors n My Comp errors

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DaOsT, Mar 8, 2004.

1. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

ok My pc started behaving a lil funny like 3 or 4 days ago no idea why but have been away n offline alot last few days ......I came to My pc this morning and everytime I hit the lil blue e to browse

Internet Explorer

a sand time flicks on ever so briefly 3-5 times then says ie has caused a problem n needs to close I did this 5-6 times rebooted stayed the same ....so I dragged the warning sign off to the left off the screen n ie runs fine ......no problems

same when I click on My Computer that comes up with the same error

ie has caused an error n needs to close at first I thought it could be memory leak because I read here somewre I think that that sometimes causes the error .....anyways after 3 or 4 reboots I decided to switch peer guardian on and low n behold it starts to go apedhit to say the least each time after it has blocked this Cydoor of 6500 times My pc runs fine no errors no nothing .....thats even with nothing open or running I am kinda lost

I read up a lil on them but I wanna make sure they dont have anything on the inside of My pc .....is what they are doing illegal??

thanxs alot as ever
    DaOsT

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Another thing I noticed is EVERY TIME I open ie up My peeguardian goes up 1 hit so they must be connected to My ie somehow kinda lost by it all to be honest but sure I want rid of this pain in the ass thats 4 sure

3. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya DaOsT,

/StartRant

You seem to have nothing but problems with your machines (stability/security/bugs etc..)!!!!!

When are you going to start following good security practices??

Anyways, you have the Cydoor problem coz you been mucking about on Kazaa without "protection".....

You youngsters just don't listen, you have the "it only happens to other people syndrome,
    and the "I know someone who has been doing it for ages without problems, so it won't happen to me" syndrome.

Youth and inexperience are NOT a Shield Of Invulnerability;
    nor Immortality..

Guess what?

It DOES happen!!!

Hence teenage pregnancies;
    Traffic accidents;
    Speeding offences;
    Pedestrian accidents;
    horrible, nasty S.T.D.'s

Get with the game, security-wise, and avoid being another "net victim".

/EndRant

Byeeeee...

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You gotta be about my age, doc.

5. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya DaOsT,

I'm just shy of 47 years old...

You on the other hand are between 25 and 30 years old...

And that age range is NOT a guess!!! ;)

(sigh) I can remember how wonderful it was to be younger than 30.

Ah!, the girls, fast bikes 'n' cars, parties, devil-may-care attitude.
    - I grew up late in life, not even sure I am grown-up now, still like all the same stuff
    (scares the stuffing out of yougsters when I out-drive them, out-ride them and out-do them in their chosen areas - they can't handle an "old guy" in their "territory", Hahaha!!)

Yeah, I should have put a ;) in my post to make sure everyone knew I was not dissing you ;) ;) LOL!!

No dis-respect intended, my apologies if you were offended, old chap....

Byeeeee....

6. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Drchips hey your rant is cool no worries I make mistakes as I learn as does everyone else~heh~.....oohh by the way I stopped touchin others pc's you are indeed right its a thankless task ....

but dun use kazaa use overnet its probably the same anyways ......I do run protection norton 2003 firewall n antivirus +peerguardian 14 but again its probably not alot of protection to the best out there

well your age theory is right again oohh yeah I kinda have that attitude live 4 today n let tomorrow be worried about when it comes around ....

no offence taken drchips ya still rock !!

thanxs

update: the problem I had I located just it was something called new.net ...no ideas what it was but deleted it n everythings fine again

DaOsT
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]::LivE ForeveR OR DiE TryiN!!::....::DonT FinD US WE WilL FinD YoU::..
    ChecK OuT ThE PenguiN GamE AnD PosT YouR HighesT DistancE ON ThE ForuM
    http://www.gazholland.com/[/small]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004