1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2X-XL launch problem on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by abyss91, Feb 24, 2007.

1. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

I have a problem launching D2X-XL. I have done everything the install-instruction says. Also, I have copied the Descent 2 -data files directly from D2-cd not-installed. Still, D2X-XL says it couldn't find a file named ''groupa.pig''. The app. launches, then says ''error: cannot load required file <groupa.pig>'', and shuts down. Formerly it complained about not finding <descent2.hog>. That disappeared by changing d2x-xl.hog to descent2.hog. Not sure if that was the right thing to do :| Is the problem caused by the D2-files not installed on my computer or what. If so, how do I install Descent 2 on my Mac. (PC version.)

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

the hog file it is looking for is for the original descent 2 disks not diffrent versions let me explain using duke nukem 3d pac version for macintosh

ok when duke first came out the version number was 1.0 when duke special edition came out it was version 1.2 and everytime they released a copy of the game the versions changed

1.3 1.4 and the last was 1.6

so you most likely need a 1.0 version or older

3. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

OK. :S I see what I can do. Thanks for the tip.

4. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

OK. Problem solved! I installed Descent 2 to a Windows XP computer; Then I burnt the installed files to a CD-RW. Finally, I copied the installed D2 files from the CD to my D2X-XL data folder and it worked.