1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB files

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bonesey, May 5, 2005.

1. bonesey

bonesey Member

Hi,
    (I think I mean DVB not DAB...ooops)
    I can't seem to play some mpeg 2 files that have apparently been downloaded/ripped (whatever it is!) by a friend using a pinnacle card.
    They are not on disc, they're coming from a spare hard drive.

they are large files so I can't convert them using Dr Divx etc (a common issue I believe).

I've been deleting various players and codecs I downloaded to try and solve the problem and which, it seems, have slowed down the pc badly at times...probably have a virus.

Also; does anybody actualy use this forum?
    I think it's at least helpful for people to post their problems -- find out what the solutions are from somewhere else-- and then follow the original post up themselves; that way other (idiots!) can get a ready solution.
    And as nobody's reading this I'd just like to make it perfectly clear that I find horses sexually alluring.
    And midgets.
    And those little midget horses, er, Shetland ponies I think they're called. Hmmmmmm.

Any help greatly appreciated. Any pics of horses; midgets; horses and midgets; midgets on horses on midget horses definately appreciated.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  2. bonesey

bonesey Member

Still not working......Hello? Anyone there?
    DUm DE DUM De Dum.....
    Are you Yanks just too stupid to answer this simple PC query?
    I'll try a good old British website instead.
    My home city invented the PC. It's also where the industrial revolution took place -- although you and the rest of the world shouldn't really thank us for that....reaching as it has such disgraceful lows in your septic land....
    COME ON: CAN I NOT EVEN MOCK YOU INTO ACTION??!!!!

3. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

OK scatter brain, did u think that maybe your so off base that nobody has bothered to answer your question because they figure your too stupid to know what to do with it. so howabout you pull the horse dick out of your ass, and the midget dick out of your mouth and do your own fuckin reseach. (im not american, im Canadian so im not really offended about the shit you say, i just think its very rude.) On another note u fusking ENGLISH SNOBS SHOULD TRY NOT KILLING YOUR PRINCESSES AND INVENT SOMETHING WE CANADIANS CALL A TOOTHBRUSH. fuckin bumhole

4. bonesey

bonesey Member

LOL.
    Do you know you sound exactly like the guy that sent the hard drive over in the first place!

Well, not quite the response I was looking for but at least it was a response.

As far as the teeth go you are obviously correct however coming from a country full of frogs....well really. I've recently moved to France and have the lovliest teeth in the village: yeah baby.

I have done my research: there is no answer. NONE!

And stop with the equine eroticism: you're giving me the right horn.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

5. bonesey

bonesey Member

Well, a good old Brit has identified the problem:
    Apparently XP home edition can't handle files over 1g.
    Now wasn't that simple?
    I'd ask for a second opinion but one Brit's response is worth ten Yanks, which of course is roughly equal to 20 Can'tadians (what exactly is their point?).
    That's the way of the world; the truth....

6. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

LOL....your stupid. windows xp can handle it, maybe your file system cant though. make sure u have your file system set to NTFS. silly english man

7. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

by the way im begining to agree with you that none of these idiots answer any of these questions.

8. bonesey

bonesey Member

And yet you did answer my question....oh the irony.
    Yes my file system is set to NTFS and no the damn things won't play.

Have you any idea how tedious it is to live in a place where there's nowhere to go; amongst a race of people who's cheif interest lies in producing 365 different types of cheese;in a place where...hang on: of course you do!

5 channels of excerable tv of which I can receive 2; sometimes.

9. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

You silly english man, drowning in your own ignorance. (u english and americans have more in commen than you think.) BTW we dont have much interest in cheese up here, and there are lots of places to go. unlike u people us canadians cant walk from one side of the country to the other in the same day.

10. bonesey

bonesey Member

And it's a good job you can't walk from one side of Canada to the other in a day: all five hundred of you would be straight on a boat and out of there...

I believe that Toronto is like, really clean eh? Fascinating.
    I'd compare Canada to Switzerland but they did at least invent the cuckoo clock.
    Anyway I've managed to convert my 'hdtv' mpeg 2 files to PVC or something, and PAC just to make sure; and have heroicly split them into more manageable chunks. But to no avail.
    Now when exactly are you going to quit trying to fence with your natural superiors; pull that Moose dick out of your arse and do something to improve your nations image: ie sort my problems out!!

11. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

LOL, your on your own. im done.

12. bonesey

bonesey Member

Well at least you tried...

Okay who's next?
    Am I finally gonna get to a Yank or do I have to deal with an Alaskan first?

SEND THE HORSES AND THE fusking MIDGETS AND BRING ME BACK THE HEAD OF BILL GATES!
    RIDE MIDGETS RIDE!!

13. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

14. bonesey

bonesey Member

Quick update for my many thousands of american supporters (and the moose-fusker):

Have posted on various forums and searched the internet to the point where my own posts were coming up first in Google: nobody was capable of solving the problem...

I've solved the problem.

Combination of PVAstrumento and VLP player.

I entered this forum a humble novice - I leave as a legend.

LEGEND I SAY!