1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

daemon tools lite question

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by the97zj, Dec 1, 2011.

1. the97zj

the97zj Member

I have daemon tools, and have used it to install two iso programs, and they both installed to my c drive.... but i wanted them on my f drive due to lack of space on c drive. so my question is how do i get dt to install programs to a different drive?

2. APREx

APREx Member

daemon tools just allows you to mount the disc image (iso file). In order to "move" the program the easiest way would to uninstall the program and reinstall it to the F drive. During the program setup their should be a prompt to select a destination for the program to be installed - if you do not see this you may have to choose either custom/advanced install type - not typical/normal.

3. the97zj

the97zj Member

ok that makes sense, but i guess my problem is,whenever i try to run setup on the iso programs, it wont let me choose where to install them to, it just automatically installs to my c drive... i have tried to run as an administrator,but when i clicked run as administrator, i received an error message. the error message says "setup was unable to create the directory 'c:\documentsandsettings\rlawhon\is-p4l78.tmp'. error 5:access is denied

4. APREx

APREx Member

Is your account "rlawhon" or is that another user on the computer?