1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daemon tools

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by batmn419, Mar 10, 2005.

1. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

I downloaded nba live 2005 and it is a rar file. I dont know i to install and play it. Everytime i click on daemon tools it does not pop up on the screen is it supposed to do that and can u tell me how to insall and play nba live 2005. I read a thread saying u can mount games on daemon tools and play them is that true

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes, you mount applications with daemon tools, but they must be in an image file format (.bin/cue, .iso, .nrg...). you're downloaded file is compressed into rar format. download winrar and uncompress it, and your result should be an image file

3. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

I have winrar but how can i do uncompress them and when i click on daemon tools is it supposed to pop up because it doesnt

4. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

i have a mds image and a mdf image

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

mds/mdf is a proprietary image format made by easy cd creator, I think. you can either download the demo of that and convert it to an iso or bin/cue, or there are other image converter programs like ISOpen or Magic ISO that should work also. Then deamon tools can mount it

6. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

Can i burn my nba live 2005 or do i need something

7. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

i got an iso

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you can't burn images with daemon tools, you can only mount them as virtual drives. if you want to burn them to CD you need something like nero.

9. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

if i burn the image will it install

10. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

daemon tools doesnt work becaue when i click on the icon nothing pops up

11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

if you burn the image to disc you can install it. if you just want to install though, just mount it virtually. install daemon tools, and in the bottom right in the taskbar there should be the red & silver daemon tools logo with the lightning bolt. right click on it, go to virtual cd/dvdrom, select device 0, and click mount image. then select your image file ank click ok. now go to my computer and you should see it under your optical drives.

12. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

I mounted it what do i do now

13. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

they still says its a rar file they told me to:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2005
  14. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

How do i unrar

15. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

i tried to bturn it into iso but no luck

16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

okay, first off, edit your post where you talk about the steps for installing the crack...not very smart. its against the forum rules and its no secret that these forums are probably scanned every now and then by the feds or police, so I'd remove that if I were you.

if you've already got the iso file, then you must have already unrared it?

If you succesfully mounted the image in daemon tools, like I said before, open my computer. there should be a CD drive along with your other one. click on it and open the setup or install file.

the steps that your downloaded file came with is pretty much exactly what you need to do. you've gotten to step two. now install and go from there.

17. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

How do i unrar it!!!!!!!!

18. djscoop

djscoop Active member

if you already have the extracted iso file, than its already unrared! if not, use winrar to unrar it

19. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

I used a program to change the rar file into an iso file. Atleast i thought it changed but it did not and could u please tell me how to unrar the file

20. djscoop

djscoop Active member

okay seriously...its not that tough. I've told you the steps numerous times. you don't convert rar, tar, zip, or other files like that into image files. you uncompress them, using a program such as WINRAR. winrar will extract them to the correct image format. then mount them with daemon tools