1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dam Leechers...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Akazecks, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Dam these torrent leechers... I am uploading at twice or thrice the amount I download and everything is ok with my connections. I really hate it when they limit or worst, turn off their uploads. 1000 leechers and I am getting the file at 20kb... Dam them... They should put all trackers with a share ratio... Jeez...

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

thats why I think IRC is better

3. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Hey Scoop,

I been using mIRC for xbox purposes, but that is pretty much all I know how to get into, do you know of any good tutorials and how to use IRC and where to go when you are on IRC? Thanks

by the way, I agree on torrent leechers, they are all bastards, I hate it when you get to 99.9% then all of the sudden you are just stuck there days.

And what the hell is up with those damn torrents that once you get what you were waiting for, they require a password to unrar the damn file. AARRGGHH

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

http://ircspy.com/guides.asp has dozens of guides, thats how I learned and got started. I pretty much only do XDCC, don't really use it for chat or anything else. I use www.packetnews.com and www.ircspy.com to search for files, copy the link location, paste in the new server window, and thats about it. But the above page has guides for all different kinds of stuff.

5. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

A peer is another computer on the internet that you connect to and transfer data. Generally a peer does not have the complete file, otherwise it would be called a seed. Some people also refer to peers as [bold]leeches[/bold], to distinguish them from those generous folks who have completed their download and continue to leave the client running and act as a seed.

Yeah, so damn those leeches, they're helping you get your file. They are an important part of the "swarm",
    the bigger the swarm the better speeds for everyone, which is part of torrent theory 101.

Try limiting your upload bandwith to bring your personal share ratio closer to 1.

Some trackers are slower than others even if the seeds are high.

The gift of giving...is receiving.

6. cdneger

cdneger Member

Oh the password thing, I have beat. There is a BIG BIG site with all the passwords for all the releasegroups. I don't think I can link to it here but trust me it is out there.