1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn Bin files!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hoppers, Feb 9, 2003.

1. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

i have a file and its named [fileName].bin.exe

I have tried just clicking it to see if it is a self extracting file, but nothing happens..

How should i get this Feckin thing onto CD??

Thanks for the help!!

Dave

2. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I had that same problem at first. You gotta download or buy winiso. If you downlooad the trial version, it only allows a 3 meg limit (very little being that they can be as large as 700) your best bet is to buy it or find another program that does the same thing. Go to winiso.com

3. InCanada

InCanada Member

I have a simiar problem but am a step ahead of you.
    My instructions were to remove the .exe suffix as that was there so that the file was identified by P2P sharing as `software' and not something else.
    Further, the file came with instructions to then visit www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm
    Now my problem is that my burner doesn't work with Nero. And the EZCD Creator software that came with it doesn't have anything to indicate that it can deal with .bin files.(Even their websites don't recognize the term.)
    So I want to know just what I can do to burn these files. What is the nature of these files that makes them require burning as a .bin file ?
    Can I `open' them or split them and burn them as plain data files ?

(March 4)The real answers lie in another thread. => .BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST
    Most of my initial questions have been answered but I still have some problems.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  4. veezix

veezix Guest

Lots of people have this problem. Most burners won't recognize the file as a legitimate disk image with the .exe on the end. NERO however WILL burn the file with that extension.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

ez cd creator should also burn bin files, just go like you are going to burn an image and point it at the bin. Fireburner is also a good prog for burning bin's

6. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

suggest renaming the file from [fileName].bin.exe to [fileName].bin
    Create a cue sheet [fileName].cue for the bin
    then try burning it.
    must make sure both files are in same folder and fileName is the same.

7. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

ok, thanks