1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAMN XBOX!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rdrgz, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

Ok i dunno what exactly happend but i think its my bios thats messed up or something. I always use Krazyie Ndure's v1.1 softmod and it works perfect everytime. But for some reason my xbox is screwy now. It wont play certain games off the hd like ill ftp over MX vs ATV unleash and play that like a dream. But Marvel vs Capcom 2 wont boot. And its not the hd because i tried several different types and brands of hd's and they have the same effect. it has to be my xbox mobo or bios. is it possible to change bios on an xbox with a softmod? anyways if thats the case anyone know how to go about getting the bios and flashing them to a softmodded box? or if not then a chip possibly if so, any good chip recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Calm down...

Some games just don't work on the HDD. Also if you are FTPing games across there is the chance that you didn't set them up correctly. Burn the game to a disc. If it plays from the disc, then use DVD2XBOX to copy it to the HDD!

3. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

see thats what i thought maybe its corrupted right well see here comes my back up dvds to the rescue. so i whip out the collection of backups and pop in marvel vs capcom and bam loads up. ok well ill just use dvd2xbox to rip it. and nothing it wont boot from the hd.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Change your region settings in your dashboard. Try 'NTSC North America'

5. kyle00

kyle00 Member

like chunkhead said...some games just don't boot from the harddrive...its quite frustrating...For example my san andreas won't boot from the harddrive but i have yet to make a back up and rip it because i'm too lazy haha

6. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

Sometimes deleting the cache works too. For a long time halo 2 wouldnt boot anywhere until I did that.

7. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

no that doesnt work i did damn near everything i could think of but nothing works and im starting to fear i need a new one cuse im cheap and i dont wanna buy another one

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Did you try ALL the region settings? Start with 'Default' and work your way through. Seems strange that it's giving you hassle. I had quick look on the net and others are having issues with that game too, but the region settings seem to be the fix...

9. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

well its not just that one theres several and some apps wont run right either like i also have stepmania x....it seems like very few people could get it running but i got it working so when i did i backed up the core files on my pc and it wont run along with marvel vs capcom 2 and thats cuse i got the jap version. snk vs capcom 2 runs shitty like theres no sound. the settings dont matter i dont think. ok this is my processing of modding. i have two HDs one stock from the xbox the other cloned from the original as not to corrupt or taint the original xbox hd. i just softmod the clone and it works. but for some reason it came out all screwy this time around. so i thought hmmm maybe its a faulty hd? so i just said screw it i got more HDs. i did it to 2 other ones and they had the same effect. so then i said well for the sake of my xbox lemme try modding the stock to see if maybe there was something different. so i modded it and it came out the same as the other hds......screwy. im thinkin its gotta do something with the bios or mobo or something i dunno.

10. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

what dash are you running?

11. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

i was running xbmc then unleashx and then evox i was trying all of them i was thinkin it was the dash but nope

12. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

Maybe the game corrupted as you copied it. You have it on the disc right? So try copying it again.

13. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

look up closer to the top of the thread guy

14. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

Then I'm completely stumped. Sorry =(

15. proballa

proballa Guest

UM MY COMP ISNT LETTIN ME DOWLOAD MY NKNAVE THING ONTO MY ar IT SAYS THIS IS NOT A VALID XBOX SAVE. CAN SOME 1 HEWLP ME

THANKS,

16. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

try getting another another game save

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What process did you use to softmod? Are you using a clone or a complete ly new install!

I'd advise a complete, fresh softmod!

Use my guide and the software and files provided and see how you go!

http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=9685

18. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

i did do a fresh softmod install and it did that lemme try this method and ill give the results. when i finish

19. proballa

proballa Guest

lol i figured it out i need the linux insaller for mechassult if any1 could help plz email it to me or post it thx:)

mitch_26_stewy@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  20. kyle00

kyle00 Member

google it...you should be able to find it and if not....you can get it on #xbins i'm sure