1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

darwin/x86 problem

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by piggy2041, Dec 6, 2005.

1. piggy2041

piggy2041 Member

im trying the OS X 10.4 on pc hack and i've run into a little problem. when I try to install it it says "loading darwin/x86" then i flashes "starting darwin/x86" them my computer restarts.i have tryed the -v thing and it does the samething and -x does the same thing. i would be greatfull if someone could help me out.

thanks

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

your trying to install mac os onto a pc.... why?... HOW? and whats the point?

3. Docmajor

Docmajor Guest

the only reason to have done this in the past was because the apple hardware is more expensive then the windows hardware. BUT apple's hardware is MUCH better quality, and worth the price they charge and then some. But putting OS X on a non-apple branded X86 computer is against the policy that apple has put out, and is also illegal. Especially since at the time of this thread being started there were NO NON-Developer versions of OS X86 out there. :)

4. bobglaub

bobglaub Member

I've done it successfully. 10.4.1 I have since deleted it since i could never get my 3D acceleration to work, and what's the point of having a system with no 3D? Same goes for Linux. Which is too bad cuz bragging rights amunst my friends was pretty high when I had all 3 OS's (XP, OSX, Kubuntu) on my system. Someday when x86 OSX is actually released perhaps i'll buy it, until then, I'll settle with XP Pro. Regardless of what these "true believes" say, it's the best. Until Vista comes out, which I have also played with and that is going to kick ass. ;)