1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Cable Software

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by domlas, Apr 9, 2005.

1. domlas

domlas Member

does anybody know were I can a software for my phone i got the cable but I didn't get any software stuff. (LG 1150)

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

what are you planning on doing with your phone and data cable?
    laptop wireless modem? pda wireless modem? or just custom ringers/address book acces, etc..?

peace
    seamonkey420

3. smarty789

smarty789 Member

has any1 got a lobster 485 with a data cable and software? or knows where i can get the software for it to transfer ringtones and games.

4. MddltnDwn

MddltnDwn Member

HI,
    I have a Virgin Lobster 485 phone. I have not been able to find any website that sells the USB data transfer cable which attaches to the Lobster 485 phone. http://www.freeyourmobile.biz/acatalog/Lobster_Micro_snapper_data_cable.html

Does list a Lobster 485 USB data unlocking cable can this be used for data transfer if one has the software onboard the computer. Or if running Windows XP does the computer see the phone as an external storage device automatically when plugged into the USB post. Thereby allowing drag and drop to be used for transfer to the new drive letter.
    I need the cable and associated software.(If you now what data suite software is compatible with the cable - please post hyperlink to webpage where software can be downloaded or purchased).Also can the person who says that they have already got the USB data transfer cable for the Lobster 485. Post a link as to where they got it from.
    I wish to download photos from the phone and upload wallpapers & ringtones to the phone.Many thanks for any help any one can give.

5. M1701D

M1701D Member

I also have a Lobster 485 and having the same problem regarding software, but I do have a relatively cheap and easy work-around until data transfer software can be found.

You need to download a small piece of software called 'NetworkActiv Web Server', it's free and simple to install.

What this application does is to allow your PC to become a WEB Server. So set up a directory on your HDD and put whatever files you wish to copy to your phone in there, connect to the internet, Click the START button on the programs main screen and in the bottom right hand corner is a drop down box that will list your PC's IP address.

Now all you have to do is connect to the internet on your mobile and use the goto page option to enter the IP address of your PC (in the format http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address listed from the web Server application.

OK so there are no pretty screens on your mobile but just a raw list of the files you have on your PC that you selected to be uploaded. Just select one and your phone will ask if you want to copy it.

I have done this to copy poly ringtones and wallpapers to the phone on a number of occasions.

To copy items from the phone to the PC is another matter, the software can handle uploads aswell as downloads, I'll have to give it a try when I get a chance and will you know the outcome.

As I say it is relatively cheap as WAP is only 10p a minute and to transfer files only take a matter of seconds.

Finally I have just been given the email address of somebody who should the know the answer to the software problem as he works for the Manufacturer of the LOBSTER 485. Again I will let you know of what he has to say.

Later.

Sean.

6. mathieyay

mathieyay Member

i obtained a USB cable for the lobster with no softwere, and it dosent "plug and play" much to my disapoint ment, however i opened up the box in the midle of the cable and found a bit of cuircuitry, the device was manufactured by FTDI, and it consisted as a small microcontroler and eprom. the function of the chip is to act as a USB > serial converter thingy, the driver for this could be downloaded from their site, and then installed after a bit of fafing with the instilation files as the product numbers was diferent to the drivers. after all that i have a sucsesfully installed data cable, however i am no closer to conecting it to the mobile as it dosent talk to me and prosumably some code needs to be writern to download data of/to the mobile, which is dificult as i dont know what the comands the mobile needed to be sent would be.