1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data connection

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by omronguru, Aug 23, 2004.

1. puzzled

puzzled Member

Hi all my partner has the v220 and would love some help on where to get the cable, driver and software for it without it costing a bomb like the phone. If someone has a copy of this software would they coonsider selling me a copy and some instructions as the name says puzzled.

2. Becky555

Becky555 Member

I have the motorola v220 and have just got a data cable and software for it but Im having trouble setting it up. Would anyone mind giving me a step by step guide on how to set it up? By what Xman was saying I got close but its still not detecting for any transfers.

3. supasonic

supasonic Member

So, I guess it's my turn to ask the question now, and guess what it's about the T720c (Alltel).
    Alright let me give you my situation, Now I plan to use PST because Gaygin is not working for me, it keeps on saying "Error-Could not copy file to device". And I'm absolutly sure my phone is BREW ready so I should be able to bring data over easily, shouldn't I?
    But PST that's the real problem, it's very confusing. At first when I started it all I could do was select from COM 1 and COM 2 and that's it but anyway I changed the COM my phone was already on to COM 1 so it would recognize it as COM 2 for some reason??? But when I open up PST it scans for my phone, then I hear my phone beep so I guess that means it sees it. But when I try to read data or write data to my phone PST says that I can't until I 'power cycled'. I guess that means to resart my phone with the data cable in it already (I did that). Then that same popup came up after I pressed ok. So that's where I'm stuck at. Someone please help me!!! :>

And BTW I'm running on Windows XP SP1

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  4. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Puzzled,
    You can always get the gear you need directly through Motorola:
    http://direct.motorola.com/ENG/accessories.asp?country=GBR&language=ENG&productid=29213
    but I would try searcing around the net a little for bargains. Then follow what XMan2004 did.

Becky555,
    What software are you using? Make sure you have the latest Mobile Phone Tools and set it up for a v600. Keep in mind that XMan2004 did have other software loaded that installed drivers which are still on his maching I'm sure. Your OS will choose which one is the most compatible.

Supasonic,
    I think all you need to do is start your PST software and then "power cycle" your phone before searcing for it with the software. If that doesnt work try a newer PST. There are some at the bottom of this Gagin page:
    http://www.beavermjr.com/t720/software/index2.cfm
    Hope that helps!

5. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

I have the motorola usb driver and the p2k driver installed on my comp...my mobile phone tools took one of them, i'm not sure which one. I followed everything that GeeDaddy told me. listen to him, he knows ALL!!! but ye...becky install both of those and it should work the way I did it

6. Becky555

Becky555 Member

I've finally got it working thanks to you guys! :)

Dont know why they just dont make it simple in the first place.

7. scandalut

scandalut Member

I have the motorola v220, and have gotten it to work so that i can add ringers via USB. Booyakasha!

My new problem is memory on my phone, I want to delete the pre-installed ringers(the ones that came on the phone), to free up some space. Does anybody know how to do this?

Another new problem i have encountered is that i want to set different ringers for different people in my address book. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks for the help,

RESPEK!

8. baller01

baller01 Member

can some body tell me ware I can download software so I can upload ringers games apps etc... because I read the other polls wich I seen and wondered if those could help me but It didn"t because one of them you said to download moblie phone Tools and some other software but I dont know what to do so can somebody please tell me what site can I dowload the software needed for my motorola v220 so I can upload ringtones games and other stuff to my phone. I allready nave the USB cable and mines diden't come with the software to upload ringtones all it came with was the USB drivers because I got it from ebay

9. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Baller01,
    Download Mobile Phone Tools and set it up for a v600 just like XMan2004 did. I would suggest that you go back through to the start on this thread and read it completely through. It shouldn’t take too long, but it should give you a better understanding of how to perform what you want to accomplish. The links you need are all here, just review.

10. James001

James001 Member

Xman2004, how did you trick your computer into thinking your V220 was a V600? I just got one of these phones and am running into the same problem as you described. Thanks very much :)

James

11. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

James...well first...u open up mobile phone tools...if ur phone doesnt detect automatically...u go to setup-new phone, then select usb cable, then give it time to detect ur phone. it will eventually ask u which modem u want to use..selct the one that u use..the motorola usb modem...then give ur comp time to detect the phone...it will say that ur phone has been detected but cant be recognized...then u say "i want to select from a list of phones...then u scroll till u find the v600..then it says ok..and recognizes ur phone as a v600, and it will work perfectly...

12. ryan329

ryan329 Guest

Would anybody know where to find the upgrade to Mobile Phone Tools? I downloaded version 1.23 from motclub, but I can't find the 2.23 upgrade anywhere. I have seen links to the BVRP website, but it won't let me dl. I also can't find it on the siterocks website.

BTW, this thread has been very helpful. After reading it I was able to finally find the right drivers and have my computer recognize my V220.

Also, does anyone know what the PST program is for?

13. puzzled

puzzled Member

I have just found the cable and software for the v220 but the phone tools are 2.16 is this right for the v220 i found it on ebay from a shop called stewart software. Would this be right for this model.

14. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Puzzled,
    2.16 will work with your V220. Did you pay for the item on Ebay already? If not you can download 4.1 or 2.21b for free here:
    ftp:\\ftp2.bvrp.com/motorola
    Then click on the "Maj_mobilePhoneTools.exe". The file says its 4.1 the other you could use is "mobilePhoneTools_2.21b_US-exe" the rest are other languages. Download them both and try the 4.1 1st to see if it works for you. The 2.21b is the version selling on Ebay which should work for you if you follow what XMan2004 did.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  15. puzzled

puzzled Member

thanks GeeDaddy no i haven't paid only asked the guy a few questions but i can't download anything because i'm not on the net at home. But will the version this guy is selling work it's not the 2.21 but the 2.16, if you can help with this issue, that would be greatly appreciated.

16. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Puzzled,
    Do you have a friend that can download the 2.21b version along with the USB driver and burn it for you? I imagine that you can get a USB cable at your local phone store or maybe radio-shack and save a few dollars. The 2.16 will work though if you want to go that route.

17. puzzled

puzzled Member

well being in the Uk what a joke checked loads of places for the cable but still not widely available can't get anyone to download me owt.

18. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Go for it. Just make sure you check his feedback section. The 2.16 version will work for a V220, just make sure you tell the program it's a V600; "Thanks to XMan2004".

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  19. ryan329

ryan329 Guest

I just got my V220 to work with Mobile Phone Tools. I don't believe it was mentioned in this thread, but the driver for the phone is called P2k. It is available on the spanish Motclub.com site.

I bought Mobile Phone Tools V3 from e-bay for $3.00 and it was worth it. None of the free links for the 2.21b upgrade worked for me so I thought it was worth a $3 investment.

20. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

I must apologize to those who tried downloading the links I supplied. The links on the site haven’t been updated since it went from 2.21 to 2.21b. Go here and download the Mobile Phone Tools 1.23c:
    http://www.motclub.com/html/programs.htm#mpt
    Then go to:
    ftp:\\ftp2.bvrp.com/motorola
    And download the "mobilePhoneTools_2.21b_US-exe" Then go here and download the USB driver:
    http://www.motclub.com/html/drivers.htm
    "The P2K driver on the same page has worked better for some" Install the USB driver, and then install the 1.23c version. Then update that with the 2.21b update and you should be all in.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004