1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Database is corrupt, cannot allocate space" Error Logging in to Notes Locally

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by oseliope, Sep 27, 2015.

1. oseliope

oseliope Newbie

Assisting an employee who is receiving the error: "Database is corrupt, cannot allocate space" upon loading her copy of Notes - this immediately after entering her password.

We sent her a new .ID file, renamed the files bookmark.nsf, cache.ndk & desktop6.ndk to backup names, opened notes.ini and blanked out all lines after the first three ("[Notes] KitType=1 Directory=C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data InstallType=2"), launched Notes and went through the Client Configuration Wizard. On the step of selecting her .ID file and entering her password, the error "Database is corrupt, cannot allocate space" reoccurred and Notes closed.

She had recently copied over her address book (filename names.nsf) but I do not know if there is any chance that this file is the "database is corrupt" database -- without the option of reinstalling Notes, how can I tell which database or file is the problem which is creating the "Database is corrupt, cannot allocate space" error?

2. finlayfisher

finlayfisher Newbie

Make use of 5 steps, in case they aren’t effective, apply useful topics contained various tips and tricks concerning NSF file issues

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1135994-i-need-help-lotus-notes.html
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/corrupt-lotus-notes-nsf-file/
    https://www.repairtoolbox.com/lotusnotesrepair.html Lotus Notes Repair Toolbox – sources created for solving issues with severely corrupted .nsf files

1. Copy the NSF file into a new local location that has Lotus Notes
    2. Using the Command prompt go to Lotus Notes home. (i.e. c:\lotus\notes )
    3. Run the following commands:
    (Enter the user's Notes password if prompted)
    3a. nfixup.exe <filename>.nsf
    3b. ncompact.exe -c <filename>.nsf
    4. Once the file has been fixed and compacted. Rename the original NSF in source (i.e. _bkup or _currupt) to distinguish the corrupt version from the fixed one.
    5. Add the fixed NSF to source and process in Clearwell as needed.

3. Pattri

Pattri Member

On N. Sem's Blog, you can read this blog post: How to Repair NSF File if it is Corrupted?

In this blog post, you will read about NSF database corruption, its causes and how to repair NSF database using Fixup tool. It is a freeware utility provided by IBM Notes (formerly known as Lotus Notes). I hope the shared blog post would be helpful.

Thanks and best regards.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016