1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

datawrite dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by redbjay, Dec 13, 2004.

1. redbjay

redbjay Member

hi i would appreciate any help have tried to backup a couple of movies using datawrite 8x dvd-r grey top but they take ages to start on my 2 dvd players soundlab, cyberhome, when they eventually start on soundlab works fine, but on cyberhome just freeze's
    they are not encrypted and both under 4.2 gb
    tried using nero, and dvd decrypter/shrink even though dont need decrypting, still same result as nero, any help appreciated thanks.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello redbjay, Get you some maxell -r 4x,yellowtops.Also slow down the burn rate.Sounds like the stand alones don't like the media you are using.Good luck

3. redbjay

redbjay Member

thanks saugmon have ordered some ritek g04 do you think they will be good enough?? also tried to slow down burn speed on dvd decrypter to 2x but when it wrote it it configured it to 4x, thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey redbjay, Download this handy free program: http://www.dvdinfopro.com This program will tell you the code for your media and future media. Take these codes and check out the website: http:digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm This site will tell you the class of media you have. Ritek go4's are not that bad,but I have been reading a lot of threads where people having trouble with them. They seem to be going with the go5's. Use these tools and stick with 1st and 2nd class media. Should help you prevent problems down the road. Let me know what your datawrite -8x code is.On your 4x question. I usually burn at that rate and have no issues. It's a pretty safe speed. Have a good one!