1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 4 Without a cigarette!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gerry1, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

society forgets so quickly the pains its keepers bear.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

What a country Gerry? And people still want to come here. Socialized medicine will be here shortly and my generation, the baby boomers is going to bankrupt medicare and social security. We're all 4 years from 65. Hang in there buddy. I can only guess how GOOD that pack is/was. I still crave the b*st*rds after 6 years.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hell, social security would have been fine if every single looney with a pen in government hadn't been making withdrawals from it like some kind of anonymous slush fund for several decades. they don't know the true value of a dollar to an individual when they have billions at their disposal and receive no comeuppance for just....incredibly damned stupid waste. not everyone has extremely successful investment funding or family wealth to spend as they decay like most of our leaders do; people pay in for 30, 40, or more years resting assured that they'll have something to keep them floating when they get the rest they deserve, and they get totally cash-farked.

i could go on and on, but i'm sure i'd only stir up trouble and i don't want to do that. this topic is one of many that gets me riled up.

sometimes i just want to take a shovel and beat the piss out of every conservative...and liberal...in congress and white house.

*edit*
    bloody hell, how about beating anyone in any legislative body in general? it works for me. they're all scum. no one with a decent social conscience will take the job, as that itself is trash. only the slime is left to fill in these gaps.

the whole US gov't needs some major infrastructure reconstruction.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@garmoon...when us boomers become the largest voting block things will change radically...it will become like the immigration issue is now...politicians afraid to piss off such a large voting block. I will enjoy my cigarettes until tonite but it will have to stop there while I'm still use to not smoking (fact is, now I stink of cigarette smoke and can smell it all over myself even if it did taste great!) I don't want to go back to spending that much money (I use to smoke three packs a day). I'm better than I was this morning; Mike, the office clown, took it on himself to cheer me up which he always manages to do.

Edit: @Aus,,,I couldn't agree with you more but I guess we should get off the political subject now that I've finished my pissed off rant LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll be back on IRC during my spring break (march 23-april 2) so we can discuss things further then and there, if you'd like. ^.^

also taking a moment to point that i plan on taking a vacation from AD starting on the 23rd of this month. i'm going to force myself to make it as long as i can, so it may be anywhere from a week to never before i return.

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Oh, you're not really going to do that, are you? Please don't.

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

get on IRC? yeah, i was planning on it....i won't pop in if you're on, though. don't want to bother you. ^.~

[bold]OR[/bold]

take a vacation from AD during spring break? yeah, i'm on my butt here working at the reactor or sitting in class or my dorm all day...i've got better things to get out and do! XD

[bold]OR[/bold]

not come back to AD? i don't know. same as a lot of members say, there's a lot of stupid here. i know what forums it is concetrated in, but it consistently leaks out or i venture in to help, only to be disgusted. i keep going away and coming back. forcing myself to take a sabbatical may be the only thing that keeps me from going crazy here. hopefully i'll lose interest in this place and not feel the need to try to nip the spread of "DER der der" in the bud.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ Aus....at the risk sound like a dunce, I don't even know what IRC is though you certainly would never bother me. I meant please don't leave afterdawn for good; god, we lost too many of the old timers as it is! YOu're not only a fixture here, but a rare asset.

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Gerry its basically the aD chat room.and man i am glad i never started smoking. never touched one in my life

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

last December has been 10yrs since I smoked over 2 packs a day!~ I will never go back!

@Auslander........ please don't leave AfterDawn. take a vacation but come back. You'll be missed! I know how it can feel answering the same old questions and helping out newbies and such..... but every once in a while I only answer questions that I want to answer and not take it all on! I used to answer everything I could...... now, before I burn out I take it easy and only do some. I don't get into any of the politics of the site and just put a deaf ear, cover my mouth and close my eyes! Helping the newbies is only giving back what I took from here. I for one, and I'm sure I speak for some here, will miss you! And hope you return to us soon!

12. LOCOENG

I agree with everyone else Aus...just take a breather.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's the plan at first.

guys, don't worry so much. you make me feel like a drama queen or something. whatever happens, happens. just roll with it. ^.^

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Auslander , isn't going anywhere for long guys. because he wouldn't be able to keep me in line not being here lol

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Well, the cigarette thing only lasted one day. It was a the worst day I'd had in a long time so I gave in. No big deal I guess. Not going back to it though .... health issues aside, I'm just too damn cheap LOL! Hard to believe I smoked three packs a day when yesterday, I smoked almost one pack and it seemed like I was smoking one after the next ... I wonder how I managed to smoke three packs? Ah well, I've got better things to do with my money than spend fifteen bucks a day on cigarettes.

@LOCO...thanks for the link to that guide; I've been meaning to check that out but never seemed to get to it.

16. LOCOENG

There are a couple in there now having a chat gerry...come on in.

17. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Just had my first cigarrete in over three months. And high as a kite on the smoker's high. Man.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i haven't had a cigar since...saturday night. i'll probably have a few this weekend.

19. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

hehe.. :)

and aus wont be gone for long, he will be back, he wont be like the other addicts and get banned perm. for attention. he WILL be back.. and if he isnt, ill track him down through his school and kick him in the ass!!

20. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Gerry, I am sorry to hear the problems you are having with work. Keep off the cigarettes.

I have not had a cigarette in 14 months, and I don't miss them. I have, since late last year, smoked cigars occasionally. But, only occasionally.