1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 4 Without a cigarette!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gerry1, Jun 12, 2006.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

One month behind me today...woot woot!

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Congratulations Loco! Keep up the good work!

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Feeling better already, huh. Congrats.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I was a chain smoker; smoked about 3 packs a day (depending on whether it was a work day or not). That amounts to somewhere in the ballpark of five thousand a year! That can buy some really neat toys or pay off bills with that(which, irresponsible as I am, is that last thing I'd do with my new savings LOL).

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I started buying DVD movies with my savings long ago and that's how I ultimately came to AD.

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Loco ... still doing o.k.?

Yippie! I lost 20 of the 35 pounds I gained after quitting! All I had to do was stop eating a pie or a cake everday! LOL!

7. LOCOENG

Yep....I'm at 6 weeks tomorrow. Waiting on my lungs to return so I'll start breathing normal again....shouldn't be too much longer. I don't think I've gained any weight, if anything I've cut back on eating too so maybe I've lost a few pounds.

8. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

This make week 7 of no smoking, thought I would have some extra money after quitting, maybe I shouldnt be buying so many new toys, feel a lot better though

9. LOCOENG

My extra money was spent on the drugs to help me quit...should have broke even by now though, I will have to start thinking of a new toy myself. LOL

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Loco and Kenneth ... congrats to you both! Keep it up! It took awhile for me to start breathing properly too. As a matter of fact, it was actually worse for a while because I started coughing up all this nasty stuff but I saw that as a good thing ... like my body getting rid if it. At three packs a day, I calculate by savings at about five thousand bucks a year ... that buys some neat toys or a really decent vacation.

The weight was scaring me though because I have a really bum back which was really starting to hurt all the time. Also, I have a bit of a sugar problem and given my family history with diabetes, I was already having a bit of a problem which would get a lot worse very fast.I was really pigging out something aweful.