1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glic83

glic83 Regular member

[/quote]
    I'm nearly sure i had it on evocamd first but then changed to mgcamd. I presume it should stay even if the plug gets pulled?![/quote]
    yeah your good to go not as bad as you 1st expected is it?

2. LsLarry

LsLarry Member

I'm nearly sure i had it on evocamd first but then changed to mgcamd. I presume it should stay even if the plug gets pulled?![/quote]
    yeah your good to go not as bad as you 1st expected is it?[/quote]

Surprisingly easy (when you have good help and advice). I think i'd have given up without this board and your good self. Owe you one Glic, maith thu

3. LsLarry

LsLarry Member

Just out of interest (and stupidity) what use is the satellite Dbox is Sk* can't be hacked? Anyody know?

4. glic83

glic83 Regular member

no bother at all glad to be able to help wasnt so long ago i was in the same position as youself and the lads on here got me through it

5. glic83

glic83 Regular member

sky via satellite is not hackable but you can still get free to air and a whole lot more www.lyngsat.com ,has channel listings there check it out

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  6. jbar2468

jbar2468 Member

Anybody got a consistently working dbox in galway ? (nt*)
    Using a nokia dbox2 with with sportster 1.75,
    Irish cables 10 scan worked perfect on saturday but all channels gone today, re scan using all available options = no channels.
    what is being changed ?

7. Shorty696

Shorty696 Member

Hi Guys.

Just got a Dreambox 500C and want to set it up to N*L MMDS in galway county. Anyone know a good link on how to set up one of these??
    I've searched the forums but can't find what I want.
    Would need to be very simple step by step guide as I wouldn't be the most technical savvy when it comes to this stuff.
    Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance

8. glic83

glic83 Regular member

can anybody confirm if clonmel is included in the latest irish cables?also mgb tried that 500t in cork tday but it picked up and extra transponder so only missing one in cork but then it doesnt display syy sports 3 says service not found and there is a few other channels that say the same its signal on these channels is constanly changing would this be down to the reception or the tunner on the box as these channels work in limerick?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Compare the frequencies for the different regions in the service file at the 500t box.
    The settings for clonmel cable are not known. Maybe you can check the hidden menue at a chorus box in clonmel.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the guy is using a 500c he is hooked up to a digital line but doesnt have a box his next door neighbour works for chorus and hooked him up he going to enter a few frequncies on a manual scan for him tommorrow so ill know more then

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If there is one working frequency at the 500c box in clonmel you can do a manual scan via BAT, ONID and network.

12. glic83

glic83 Regular member

wont no anymore till tommorrow when the chorus guy enters the frequncies for him when i no more ill post the findings

13. Shorty696

Shorty696 Member

Hi all.
    Trying to get new Dreambox 500C to work but no luck so far.

On N*L MMDS in Tuam and have DW 1.6.2 image preloaded in box.
    Tried Bruteforce for UK and initally found 1 transponder in the scan but no channels when search completed.
    Other than bruteforce there were 2 other options
    CableUK Sym6952 and CableUK Sym6887. No transponder found with these.
    The funny thing is, when I retried Bruteforce again a few times I can't even get a transponder now Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks

14. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

You might be better loading mgb's cable file which gives the option to scan ntl mmds etc: it is on the forum somewhere !!!!

15. Shorty696

Shorty696 Member

Thanks... Will try that this evening...

16. podhead

podhead Regular member

for wiz569.i loaded your services files as i reported and got all the channels.i notice that i have one of the box office channels and was wondering is there a way of getting all the box office channels?also i loaded your cables files , but when i scan i don't get any channels. have i some settings wrong ?

17. Shorty696

Shorty696 Member

Hi There,

I have managed to get the dreambox set up by fitting a booster and changing the Tuner to "OLD". After the scan I have 77 channels, which is not too bad.
    However I was wondering if this is all the channels I should get or should there be more?
    I'm on N*L MMDS.

Just to note that I haven't updated the image from DW 1.6.2 or changed the service files.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

18. mking24

mking24 Member

I have my D-box2 about 3 weeks now and have stumbled across a significant problem. I attempted to record a programme on the box using the Sportster menu. It started recording and then completely froze and i lost all picture. I proceeded to unplug the box and then plugged it back in.

It now refuses to boot up. The coding information remains on the LCD panel but it refuses to start up. All previous threads are related to problems with the box functioning. I cannot access it at all.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this problem.

19. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

20. mullingar

mullingar Member

can anyone recommend the best signal booster for NT£ Dublin?? Ive been using a cheapo one from Argos (15 quid) for the past few months but its not up to scratch I think..

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.