1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check first if you got an ntl splitter. If you read 6db at an 2 way splitter replace the thing with a real splitter.

2. mullingar

mullingar Member

Im not using a splitter anymore. Im taking the feed from the wall to the booster and then from the booster to the dbox and then a scart to the TV.

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

On www.digitalworldz.co.uk they recommend a yellow one on ebay for the UK, but it is about €45 I think. It can be fine tuned. I would try a few combos first, some people have the NTL feed into a video and then out to the dbox.

4. spongerob

spongerob Member

hi folks,

anybody using a dbox or dreambox in maynooth on chorus cable? a mate of mine is living there and is asking me if it will work.

Thanks

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A too strong signal is as bad as a too weak signal.
    Maybe your signal is now too strong.

6. mullingar

mullingar Member

I'll check the signal tonight and post tomorrow and maybe someone can tell me if it is too strong/ weak. When Im using the argos booster though, I keep the gain turned to the max, and when I turn it the opposite way I loose my picture completely and just get a blank screen. Thats why I assumed that the signal was too weak.

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check the numbers for BER SNR SIG with installed booster and without.
    If you own an real splitter check also with splitter.
    Target is a BER around 0.

8. mullingar

mullingar Member

I think the ber is zero actually. One of them is for sure anyway and I assume its that one. I have most of the channels by name since i put the new blade image on but the screen is blank and says channel not available. Even some of the movie channels chirp and are impossible to watch sometimes. Ive list discovery turbo, E4+1 and afew more that I used to watch.

9. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

Scan manually on freq 402000, 394000 to get back the missing channels or load the latest cables.xml for ireland and do a full scan.....

10. mking24

mking24 Member

I have my D-box2 about 3 weeks now and have stumbled across a significant problem. I attempted to record a programme on the box using the Sportster menu. It started recording and then completely froze and i lost all picture. I proceeded to unplug the box and then plugged it back in.

It now refuses to boot up. The coding information remains on the LCD panel but it refuses to start up. All previous threads are related to problems with the box functioning. I cannot access it at all.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this problem.

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If the mount of your pc harddisk fails and you are using a jffs only image the recording is landing in the flash memory of the box until the thing is full after 2 seconds. After that only a reflash of the image help.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  12. mking24

mking24 Member

Thanks alot for the info mgb17.

How would I go about reflashing the image on my digibox? I know I've to get a lead to connext to my PC. But after that I'm at a loss.

Any advice to solve it would be greatly appreciated.

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

14. spongerob

spongerob Member

hi,

if i was to subscribe to the basic ntl mmds package, would it be possible to take another split from the aerial?

Basically what i want to do is use the supplied ntl box in one room, and a dreambox in another. Anyone got any experience doing this?

Thanks

15. glic83

glic83 Regular member

yeah just have to split the line

16. spongerob

spongerob Member

excellent...i presume you've done this yeah? any idea how many splits would be possible from the aerial? on chorus analogue at the moment and its a load of crap!

nice one for your help!

17. glic83

glic83 Regular member

see what your signal is like after the 1st spilt cos you might need a booster if the signal is weak in ur area and if your on chorus analouge youll be chorus digital

18. spongerob

spongerob Member

Rang chorus the other day and they said digital wasn't available in the area, but i know ntl are offering digital in the area (leaflets in the door, and plenty of mmds aerials on roofs). Can't understand why, considering they are the same company now!

Contemplating cancelling chorus altogether, and just going with ntl.

2 feeds should be enough, 1 for ntl box and 1 for dreambox.

Will probably end up sticking an aerial on the roof for rte1,2,tv3 and tg4 in the rest of the rooms, along with a sat dish for the bbcs and itv's.

Just working everything out at the moment, but should end up being a serious system!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  19. mullingar

mullingar Member

I did the check last night and here are the results:

This is for a non working channel..Ber = 10485750, Snr = 21300-22600, Sig = 0 and at the end it says NO SIGNAL

This is on a working channel..Ber = 0 (it did jump to 80 for a second though) Snr = 64033-64300+, Sig = 0 and at the end it says DUBLEGACYCABLE

Anyone any ideas? On every channel i did this on, the signal appeared as 0 even on some of the working channels...

20. mossyd

mossyd Member

Hi, I too am missing the above listed channels. Scanning with Irish9 or Irish10 does not get them. I'm not sure but I believe MMDS and true may be affecting me.

Can you provide your files so I can drop them in and see does it work for me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.