1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corkboy

corkboy Member

Hi guys, just wondering if it is possible to extend the EPG on my Nokia Dbox2, am running Blade Trinity image on ChourAss, any info would be helpful, i think i read somewhere that it is possible to get the listings for seven days in advance! Is this possible???

Thanks
    CorkBoy

2. jock54

jock54 Member

alanbk1 Thanks for that much appreciated,more than likely ill be on again looking for help.

3. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

No bother. That is what the forum is all about..

4. moonboy52

moonboy52 Member

Hello guys and girls,

I bought a sagem dbox off eBay about a year ago. My Scottish friend sent me a sportster 1.03 image.He told me how to flash the image and i scanned for channels and everything went ok. all channels came in clearly apart from sky sports 1 and a couple of the sky movies channels.

I used the dbox for a couple of months and then left it aside until two nights ago. I plugged it in and found that most of the channels were not coming in clearly. I rescanned the channels and same thing happened. I went onto the sportster site and downloaded the 1.10 image and installed it.

It was in german and the cable provider option had i think german cable provider on it not the CableUK Sym6887 or CableUK Sym6952 that was on my friends image. I have just reinstalled that 1.03 image and scanned for channels. It found them all just now most of the channels show a black screen.

I live in waterford and am with NTL. My mate was on the scottish NTL/telewest so the image he sent me a year ago was able to work here in ireland. Im thinking that the change from NTL to chello has something to do with my problem.

So is there anyone from ireland or better still waterford who is with NTL (now chello) who has a sagem dbox and has it working? if so maybe i could get a copy of your image and channel list.

Thanking you in advance,

John kelly

5. glic83

glic83 Regular member

try the latest irish cables 10 a couple of pages back and after you ftp them over delete scan.config if still having problems try a different image i find blade trinity final works well for me

6. moonboy52

moonboy52 Member

Thank you for your reply glic83,

I tried ftp'ing the cables.xml over(irish cables 10). I re-scanned and it picks up all the channels. only about 5 channels come through and the rest give me a black screen. im gonna try that blade image right now. Fingers crossed eh! :D

7. glic83

glic83 Regular member

as far as i know sportster doesnt contain keys but the blade image does thats probably the reason it didnt decode the channels let us know how you get on

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  8. moonboy52

moonboy52 Member

Right,

installed the blade trinity image and all seems to be ok. all channels are coming in :D.some of the movie channels and sky sport$ 1 are jittery(pauses after about 3 seconds for 2 seconds). is any1 else experiencing this problem? (used to happen on the sportster image as well)

9. glic83

glic83 Regular member

try changing the cam to mgcamd or evocamd think most people use the ucode 1a or 14 dont forget to restart the box after you change cams

10. jock54

jock54 Member

In need of help here. Just got the 600t using dreambox edit connected up the null modem cable and then FTP file transfer, all i get is connecting to192.168.05. Could not connect to dreambox,checkip address, network settings and status of dreambox.
    Any help guys.

11. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you need to set up a network between the dreambox and the computer of if you have a serial port you could use dreamup

12. jock54

jock54 Member

Thanks glic83 going to try that now.

13. jock54

jock54 Member

Just tried Universal Dreamup now still not connecting. Just says Status: connection prepared, now swith on dreambox. Then shows log: box type dreambox 600pvr. Is their supposed to de a red light lighting on the front of the box. Even when i disconnect the power and re-connect press power on , still no light comes on. Wondering is this box faulty.

14. moonboy52

moonboy52 Member

sorry to be a nuisance glic but could you explain how to change the cams.. dont know how to do that

any help would be appreciated

thank you

15. glic83

glic83 Regular member

press dbox then go into the all in 1 wonder menu you'll see the cams and the ucodes there

16. jock54

jock54 Member

17. glic83

glic83 Regular member

did you uncheck the 'use network' box

18. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

I would guess that you are not using dream -up properly but I could be wrong.Connect the Null Modem cable first, open dream up and select the COM port, then power on the box and the file loader should load to the box. After that, just flash the image that you need...Remember, click connect first in Dreamup and then power on the box !!!!

19. jock54

jock54 Member

Thanks Alan , I was trying to connect up the box with dreamup on an old laptop with windows 98 in it and couldn't get it connected at all. I brought the box with me this morning and tryed it on a newer pc with xp on it and had no such problems connected straight away.
    Now i want to know where do i go from here what do i flash it with and so forth.
    Thanks.

20. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

Check your mail.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.